Chapter 16: Getting Back at Daelon Baulder

Daelon often found it best to tease Audri and Indira when neither Teddy, nor Ethan were around. This being because both boys found it their job to provide as body guards for the girls. Despite his porkish appearance, on more than one occasion the boys had him running 'cross the courtyard in fear.

Some days neither boy was there. On the fateful day in January, near Audri's birthday, Teddy and Ethan had been given detention by Professor Ash for locking Filch in a broom closet for an hour. The only way Ash had found out was because Mrs. Norris, his loyal cat, kept clawing at the closet next to the teacher's lounge. Teddy had gpne proudly with his hair bright blue from excitement, although Ethan was not half as excited. Rumor had it his father was not very happy with his constant pranks.

"Oi! Look at the little Huffles without their protectors!" Daelon shouted to his rowdy bunch of friends. He was absolutely wretched in every form possible. Audri couldn't stand him, yet Indira continued to ignore him contentfully. Normally, she would have done the same, but today she was not feeling her best. Truthfully, Audri wished she could decide who her parents were. She was very confused, alongside with learning how to act as a proper witch, it overwhelmed her immensly. She stopped in her tracks, on her way out wit Indira to the Common Room from dinner. Teddy and Ethan were just escorted to Professor Ash's office.

Slowly, Audri turned on her heel and faced Daelon and his friends, most notably, Barny and Lionel.

"What is your problem?" Audri held her arms out. They were away from other students, but just barely down the corridor oppposited Slytherin dungeouns and towards Hufflepuff basement.

"You lot are the problem. You're not right, none of you," Daelon gave her a stink eye,"Especially you."

"I'm not muggle born, nor am I stupid, which means you can only find your problem to be that I'm in Hufflepuff? That's absolutely ridiculous!"

"Audri," Indira muttered and tugged at her sleeve.

"No. He's taunted us all year, and for what?" Audri shouted. "We haven't done anything to you."

"You were born," Daelon recieved some sniggers from his crew.

"Well it's just too bad now isn't it?" Audri huffed and put her hands on her hips. "You're all talk and no spell!"

Daelon's face went red. He pointed a sausage finger at her, "I'll duel you!"

"You'd hex a girl?!" Audri said, further embarrassing him. A small crowd started to form, mostly of younger Hufflepuffs and Slytherins.

"If she was as rude as you, I suppose I'd have to!" Daelon laughed. Indira took a step forward.

"My mum says boys who tease girls like them," Indira murmured. The crowd went still to hear her, but as soon as she finished they laughed at Daelon. Daelon growled.

"I know a good hex for you!" He took out his wand.

"Twenty points from Slytherin!" Neville came walking through the crowd, a giant compared to the midget students. "Put your wand back, there is no dueling at Hogwarts."

The crowd scurried, Audri tried to go with them, but Neville grabbed her hand.

"Audrita," Neville said in a warning tone. She groaned and looked sorrowfully at Indira.

"Ha! Your father caught you!" Daelon laughed, alone, as his buddies left him behind.

"Well he took points away from you!" Audri jumped at him, but Neville held her back.

"You two are entirely out of order, oh there he is! Horace!" Neville shouted at Sluggy.

"Oh dear! What have we here?" The old man walked towards them.