Chapter 3: Daaaaaaad!

When they finally reached Hogwarts, it looked beautiful as ever. The same as it had been when she first arrived, but the grand castle still held the magic of old and new-even though almost 20 years had passed since the Second Great War, as it was being called now. Audri took a huge breath and grabbed her things to order children around, as Head Girls are able to do.

"First years, go that way!" Audri shouted as Hagrid's massive figure bustled up to the red train. His beard was graying aruond the edges, but Hagrid was always cheerful and booming. "Come on you lot! The rest of you down to the carriages!"

"Who knew such a little person could have such a loud shrill!" Teddy rubbed his ears as he walked past. She only shook her head and smiled. Audri hated being last. but her duties as Head Girl called for waiting for every last student to leave the train. And, ever since the year 2000, they had to check every cabin, just in case one was hiding or something silly like that. She thought the idea was stupid-who would hide from the Great Feast? Nevertheless, she and Ethan took each end of the train and hurriedly checked every cabin. She suspected he skipped a few, but she didn't care. Audri's stomach was grumbling too loudly for her to think of others.

"At least we only have to do it once, eh?" Ethan chuckled. She smirked and joined him to the waiting carriage.

"I think, I'm possibly more starved than Teddy at the moment," Audri said, climbing in with Ethan holding the door like a gentleman. She smiled to herself. She always promised Neville she'd date a gentleman. Otherwise, boys weren't worth her time, right?

"I highly doubt that. He ate like a Hippogryff in our first year," Ethan sighed and leaned back in his seat. He looked at Ione. "Your Head Girl gift?"

"Of course," Audri grinned. "Ione is adorable. What did you get?"

He took out a beautifully polished broom. The new Starfire X80. It had driftwood in it-which was extremely light, yet it held an elm core for magical purposes. The end was made from a fig tree, making it permanently smell sweet. The Starfire X80 was one of the most beautiful, yet fastest brooms in the world that year. Audri felt her jaw drop.

"Oh my gosh!" She grabbed it. It was much lighter than Teddy's Harlem Rider, which was only made in America.

"I know," Ethan humbly smiled and took it back. "My dad was so happy."

"So was mine," She sighed in relief as they reached Hogsmeade. Most of the students were trudging up to Hogwarts with their bags, since the roads were quite muddy. Audri was glad she could do magic now she was seventeen. It was truly a blessing to be seventeen, compared to the second years who dragged their items with them remorsefully.

"Audri!" She turned around to her dad calling and waving for her embarrassingly. Ethan chuckled to himself, not noticing the glare she was giving him. Audri walked towards The Three Broomsticks, her items dutifully following behind her. Neville held out a paper bag with a funny look. "It's, uh, something your mum must have mixed up."

She peeked in it and saw a lovely peice of underwear she never wanted her father to see ever again. Her face reddened immensly.

"Right," Neville scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "I was hoping it wasn't yours, but alrighty."

Professor Ash laughed next to him, holding a man's arm. The man was tall, with cropped bronze-red hair and deep, brown eyes. He was taller than Neville, which was saying something, as Neville was six feet.

"Thanks," Audri sighed and tried to walk back, but someone held onto her elbow.

"Perhaps it's best you do rid of it? For your dad?" Professor Ash asked with a kind smile. "Oh this is John Redford. Mr. Redford, this is the Professor's daughter, Audri."