Chapter 11: Blibbering Humdingers

Audri took Peregrine out of her new cage to play with the boys. Break would end soon.

"Pewegine!" Jude shouted, clapping his hands. Virgil started banging on the coffee table, trying to attract more attention. Audri heard voices from the floor below, the kitchen, more than two. Who could be visiting?

"Thanks again, Hermione. We really appreciate it," Neville said, grabbing his cap.

"Of course. Thank goodness I am on break!" She exclaimed, holding Hugo, and tugging Rosie's hand. Hugo was fast asleep on her shoulder, and Rosie was sucking a delicate thumb, as was her constant habit.

"Yes. I didn't know lawyers recieved breaks. Then again, most lawyers-" Neville put a hand over Luna's mouth before she could continue. Hermione smirked and walked upstairs with her children. Luna gave Neville an irritated smirk, but let his action pass.

"I'm surprised Ron isn't on break any more," Neville said as they followed her upstairs.

"He would be, but justice calls!" Hermione said with a giggle. "Hello."

"Hello," Audri responded, not taking her eyes off of Jude's fist, which held Peregrine.

"Come along Audri," Luna said. "Bye Virgil. Bye Jude. Mummy loves you."

"Where are we going?" Audri asked, standing up and grabbing Peregrine in the process.

"Out," Neville said mysteriously. "Goodbye Jude," He gave his brown eyed son a kiss. "Goodbye Virgil," He gave his blue eyed son a kiss.

"Grab your scarf, it's cold outside," Hermione warned.

"And perhaps a hat. There will be mistle toe every where, and we don't want Nargles invading your mind," Luna said with a serious face. Hermione had to distract her self with lying Hugo down in order to do anything stupid.

They ended up taking her to Madame Puddifoot's, believing it would be a lovely place to take a young girl. This was a misconception, of course, because they traced pink, and fru fru lace to young women. Although, Luna suggested Apparating to Thailand, for the warmth, as well as giving her the chance to meet a Garuda, but Neville implied that may be too scary for Audri.

"You won't be allowed in Hogsmeade until your third year, but since we're on vacation, it's quite alright," Neville said, leaning back on the booth and putting an arm around Luna.

"Oh," Audri said, disappointed. Madame Puddifoot's was very girly. Like a fairy blew up, in the middle of Professor Umbridge's bedroom. But not as cold, or filled with cats.

"Teas around the table please," Luna said for the three of them to a waitress. "Would you like to eat something?"

"Can we have an order of chickem sandwiches? And Audri, bread pudding for dessert?" Neville asked.

"Oh yes!" Audri said. Her mouth watered, thinking of the delicious bread pudding Ginny made for Christmas. It had chocolate chips, and was so warm, they melted in your mouth along with the pudding.

"Lovely," the woman said with a sleepy smile. There was a moment of silence, until Neville and Luna looked at each other and nodded. Audri felt her stomach churn. She didn't want more adults to tell her she wasn't wanted.

"Audrita, we have a proposition for you," Luna said excitedly.

"A proposition?"

"We know the muggles aren't exactly, ah, well enough living standards for you," Neville began. "Especially since you can advance with wizard parents, or wizard guardians."

"And we were curious to know if you would prefer living with wizard parents," Luna interjected. Audri was stunned. Who would she be with? Some strangers? The Longbottoms? Teddy and his grandmother?