Chapter 14: Hogwarts Fun

Being back at Hogwarts refreshed Audri's memories of all the fun she had with her friends. She'd forgotten how dearly she missed talking to Indira and Teddy's jokes. She even missed Peeves' antics, although not nearly as much as the food. Luna was a very fine cook indeed, but there was nothing like a house elf's fresh baked Sheppard's Pie, as easy as a recipe as it was. She especially missed the Quidditch. At first, she was reluctant to go. It sounded like a very dangerous game, but now, she enjoyed it more so than football, the Muggle sport played with feet on land. Quidditch was more high rushes and danger, nearly every game someone got hurt, but that was part of the fun of it.

Hufflepuffs were up for second this year, although this game they were determined to work their hardest to earn the cup from beneath Slyherin's noses! They had their fancy brooms, but the Hufflepuffs had Xavier Hinkle. He was an exceptional Chaser. Without his score of thirty points alone in the gmae before break, the Gryffindor's would have caught teh Snitch and won. But Xavier's exceptional skills put the Gryffindors in a foul mood, allowing the Hufflepuff Seeker, Casey Lawson, to catch the Snitch. It was the best game in Hufflepuff history! Even Professor Ash agreed to that.

"Hurry up, Audri!" Teddy had one arm out he barrel, almost twicthing in anticipation. Actually... He was twitching.

"Hold on! My earring is knotted in my scarf!" Audri cried. Indira softly laughed and helped release her ear from her neck. "Thank you. I don't how I would survive without you!"

"Stop being dramatic! Come along!" Teddy raced with the crowd to find good seats. Nearly everyone wanted the haughty Slytherins flattened, especially if it meant the Hufflepuffs would tie for first. Audri and Indira ran after him, out of breath by the time tey reached the packed stands. Teddy waved enthusiastically next to Ethan and their other boy friends as a calling for the girls to join them. They had good seating, which must have only been because they were small, and sneaky enough to slide in before the larger students could see.

"We're so close!" Audri clapped her hands together. She looked around.

"Professor Longbottom's with the Gryffindors," Indira said wisely, knowing her friend well.

"I forgot my dad was a Gryffindor," Audri mumbled.

"It's strange hearing the word Dad come from your mouth when you refer to the professor," Indira's brow knitted. Audri shrugged.

"Good afternoon Hoggy-wartians!" The announcer yelled into the magical microphone. It was the usual Frankie Beetleson, with his over large ears at the announcer's podium. He was a sixth year Gryffindor, who greatly prided in announcing the games. Not a soul would miss Frankie's hollering after he left. He was quite loud. The crowd erupted in cheers. Audri caught Neville's eye and waved. He proudly waved back.

"Heard about you this break," Professor Ash leaned next to her from a seat above her left.

"Really?" Audri embarrassingly replied.

"Oh yes. The Longbottoms are so grateful to have you. Neville raves about his daughter the Hufflepuff in the teacher's lounge all the time!" Professor Ash chuckled. "Almost makes me want to have one of my own."

Audri didn't answer her. The moment was quite awkward on her end of the stick. Teachers rarely discussed their private lives with children, with the exception of Neville; he knew Audri and Teddy, though, so he had a given excuse. Professor Ash was still young, and learning the art of the student-teacher relationship.

"And here comes the Slytherins!" A loud round of booes came from the crowd, covering the the cheers from the Slytherins across the way. "There's Finnley, Worhurst, Jameson, Alistair, Correlli, Behemoth, aaaaand Pricklin!"

More booes went round.

"And for the Hufflepuffs!" The crowd roared as the team started to come forward. "There's Hinkle, Davis, Tratchenburg, Regal, Nivel, Yonwood, aaaaaand Lawson!"

More cheering whooped the stadiums, despite the Slytherin's loud booes. Teddy was one of the Hufflepuff's biggest fans. He hoped to one day join the team, when he was old enough. He and all of his friends. Audri enjoyed watching, but she was dreadful at flying. Her Friday afternoon flying lessons proved that. They watched with intensity as Hinkle wove around his fellow Chasers, evading Beaters and scoring four goals in the first ten minutes. It was rumored he was appointed by a few professional teams to join immediately after school ended. And that his best bet would be with the Wimbourne Wasps. Neville said he could bring the team back from the dead, if he chose. But Luna predicted he would join Puddlemere United Reserves.

"And there goes Pricklin-look at the guy go! It's Lawson on his tail! Oh! And it's a miss for both!" Frankie shouted into the mike. "Back to Jameson with-but oh! A well aimed hit from Yonwood!"

Jameson's hand turned purple. It didn't look good for the Slytherins. Perhaps the Hufflepuffs had a running chance.

"Here comes Davis to pick up the Quaffle! Atta boy, dodge those sneaky Slytherins!" The crowd laughed. "I'm here all day every day!"

"Until he graduates. Then we can all be saved from those ears!" Teddy shouted to a rowdy laughter from his friend.

"I won't take off points for that, since I'm in my Quiditch spirit, but expect a detention!" Professor Ash shouted. Teddy groaned.

"Aw, Professor!" She merely shrugged.

"Oh AND LOOK AT HIM GO! THERE GOES LAWSON AFTER THE SNITCH!" Frankie grew breathless. It seemed the crowd all leaned in, holding their breath as if the pressure would help Lawson at all. Hufflepuffs were twenty ahead, just enough to smash the Slytherin's confidence if he caught the Snitch. Audri gripped Ethan's hand next to her. He grimaced. She had a tight hold. And then- "MY GOD! HE"S GOT IT! LAWSON'S GOT THE SNITCH!"

The crowd screamed, a mixture of happiness and anger, from the Slytherins.

"And it's all over for the snakes! It is all OVER!" Frankie was jumping at the stand. It may hove not been his own team, but anyone preferred the Hufflepuff's to win, being the nicest students in the school. Most of the time. Professor Ash screamed with joy.

"YES! TAKE THAT TRAVIS!" She was ecstatic. Teddy smirked, cunningly.

"Come on," He whispered to the girls, sneaking his way out, back to the Common Room. Audri felt a rush go through her stomach. Her team had won! It was over for the rest now. There was only two games left, to find out second to last places. If this win didn't ruin the Slytherins, then Gryffindor getting second would.

"Party with the Hufflepuffs!" Audri heard someone shout, but another grabbed her arm. She harshly turned around to see Neville, pulling her away from the crowd. He kneeled to her height.

"I know! I'm dreafully embarrassing, but as your legal parent, I feel I should warn you not to drink!" Audri grinned.

"I won't, Dad! Promise! I have to go!" Audri ran away. "Perhaps a little Butterbeer?!" She teased when she was far enough away. He knowingly shook his head.

A/N: Aloha! I think I might write another.... Welll. We're almost done here... I only have a few chapters left.... If any of you really want a sequel, tell me. Because this could end with her first year, but I could have a sequel if you really wanted..... Just sayin'. Haha. Since this is almost done, I figured we could have a vote on that? The sequel? If I get at least 3 people saying so on this or the next chapter, for a sequel (no not the same person three times!), I will begin planning one.... It would be her a bit older, and mature. Just mull it over...