Chapter 2: The Hogwarts Express

When the time came for Audri to go to King's Cross, her parents were on edge. The idea scared them. First, they found out Audri's real parents were dead, then she was a witch and finally, that she would be going to some strange boarding school they've never heard of, only to visit on regular breaks. It was a lot to take in and Audri was more excited than they could bear. They hoped the loss of what she was looking for didn't hurt her emotionally. Eleven years went by too fast.

They arrived at King's Cross on their scheduled day, but could not find Platform 9 ¾ for the life of them. Audri then saw a small family of three hurdle themselves into the barrier between 9 and 10. She looked both ways, and walked calmly into the barrier, not bumping into it, but striding onto Platform 9 3/4 . She waited patiently for her parents to follow her. She looked at her father, which made her neck hurt a bit; he was quite a tall man. Richard Poole began to laugh loudly, most likely from the shock of it all. Audri shifted legs nervously, seeing all the other students on the platform. They must have known about their heritage-how could she keep up with them?

Audri gave her parents a last hug before clambering onto the shining red train, which was already bustling with students. She nervously walked past each compartment, searching for a friendly face, or just an empty compartment. Finally, she came to the last one, deciding to sit to a teal haired boy and another with light brown hair.

"May I join you?" She asked quietly. The teal haired boy smiled.

"Of course!" She set her luggage away and sat across from the boys. "What's your name?"

"Audrita, but please, call me Audri. Yours?" They shook hands.

"I'm Teddy, and this is Jack. He's looking for his sister, but she must be off with her friends," Teddy rolled his eyes. They were a pretty golden brown color. Though his look was eccentric, it had a pleasant effect. He seemed to be a rather happy young man, for he didn't seem to stop smiling.

"Is Teddy a nickname for something?" Audri asked to make light conversation. She wasn't exactly sure what wizard children talked about, but she assumed it was similar to muggle talk. At least, that was how Ginny, Luna and the other wizards she met talked like. But those were all adults. Surely there was a sort of wizard slang she should know of?

"Ted-but it makes no difference, if you ask me. My grandmum and godfather always call me Teddy," he chuckled. "What house do you think you'll be in?"

Audri was glad they were discussing topics she knew. She said, "They all seem rather nice, except for Slytherin. Though my father was apparently one."

"Apparently? Do you know your dad?" his eyes widened. "Mine died. He and mum fought in the last war together."

Audri liked how open he was, as well as how easy it was to relate to him.

"My father was killed then too!" She said as though this were the most exciting coincidence she'd ever heard.

"Really? Blimey. Though I'd suspect a lot of people died then." He frowned. "What do you know of your dad?"

"He was the Headmaster, Head of Slytherin and Potions teacher." She boasted. "Severus Snape." The light haired boy paled. Teddy's eyed widened again. Did she say something wrong?

"Harry told me about him once! Said he was real brave. Strange for a Slytherin." Teddy shook his head.

"My mum told me he was evil." Jack said quietly.

"Evil? What are you going on about? Snape was a hero! Harry and Ginny told me." Teddy gave him a smug look as if that solved matters.

"But he was a Death Eater!" Jack cried.

"A what?" Audri asked.

"Well yeah, but Harry said he was pretending. I heard him talking about it to Ginny. Snape just spied on them to help our side." Teddy said thoughtfully.

"What is a Death Eater?" Audri repeated. She didn't like the sound of them.

"A follower of You-Know-Who, how could you not know you own father's boss?" Jack stated. She was liking Jack less and less.

"Voldemort's dead, you can say the name." Teddy rolled his eyes. "And don't talk like that to her. She didn't know." Audri let the information soak in, not noticing Teddy's instant defense of her against Jack.

"Who's this Harry and Ginny you're raving about?" Jack rebounded.

"My godfather and his wife, Harry and Ginny Potter!" Audri recognized Ginny's name.

"I know Ginny! She and Luna took me school shopping last week!" Audri was excited. She felt as if she had a good connection with Teddy.

"Jack!" A skinny fourth year walked in. Jack sighed and followed her out.

"Thank Merlin he's gone! Not exactly the life of the party, eh?" Audri giggled. "Any ways, my dad taught Defense Against the Dark Arts, too."

"Really?" Audri asked. Teddy nodded proudly. "What about your mum?"

"She was a metamorphagus, like me. And an Auror." Teddy added the last part as an afterthought. So he was a metamorphagus. That must have been why his eyes and hair were strange colors. Audri read about them somewhere.

"Can you show me?" He smiled, then concentrated. His hair turned as pale as hers. Audri was astonished.

"You know it's a good thing we met. I'd hate to think of being stuck with Jack!" He stuck a tongue out in disgust. "So what about your mum?"

"I don't know." She stated truthfully. Teddy turned out to be a good companion for that trip. They shared Chocolate Frogs, compared the cards on the back, and Pumpkin Pasties; compared pets and discussed Houses until the train came to a stop.

AN: Once again, please comment, thank you for your time. J.K. Rowling owns all characters such as Ginny, Luna, Neville, etc. I only own Audri, her parents, and any future non-Rowling characters.