Chapter 7: Staying in the Nice, Cozy Library

"Are you completely positive you don't want to come with?" Victoire asked half heartedly, tugging on Teddy's arm. Everyone else was prepared to venture out into the October winds for the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. That is, everyone besides Audri, first years, second years, and select fifth years. She nodded with a small smile and watched her friends attempt somber faces to hide their giddiness, ultimately failing.

Once they were gone, Audri sighed and rose from her chair, bag in hand, to go to the library. She thought Ethan should have stayed as well, since they shared the same schedule, and she knew he was aware of the loads of homework they were given, but he wanted to go. She wasn't one to stop him. Audri passed the tapestries and fellow students rushing out faster than she could say Whomping Willow's got my cat.

The library was warm, warmer than the Hufflepuff Basement, but rumor had it that almost every room was warmer than the basement. She shivered a little from the instant warmth and sat herself close to the magicked fire. It was blue, the type to never harm any objects near it, so the books wouldn't burn.

An hour later found Audri in the middle of her 36 inch essay for Professor Vector, comparing the value of the spell versus the curse. It was ridiculously easy, but Vector only wanted to stall his students before the real deal came along. Another rumor, students said he was bringing in an Ogre to face, but Audri highly doubted he'd do something so stupid. Besides, the Ogre Rights were being processed. According to her dad, it was very unlikely they'd be passed, considering how stupid and dnagerous Ogres were.

Audri sucked on her left-over Sugar Quill from when Teddy last went to Hogsmeade on his own (she gave him a stern talking to, as Head Girl), and smiled to herself. Not too shabby. Her essay, at least. She felt her worn coat from Luna was shabby, but there was her tangent again!

"Aye!" Audri heard a male voice behind her and immediate shushing from Madame Pince, who must have been a hundred by now. She turned to see Ethan bashfully lowering his head and running to a halt before her. "Sorry I'm late."

"Late?" Audri expected him to be out all day.

"You don't expect to study for that monster Potions test by yourself, do you?" Ethan smirked and put his bags down, leaning down to grab something. He came up to present her a Poppy.

"Oh," Audri smiled unsurely. "These aren't in season."

"Got magic, don't worry," Ethan smiled proudly at his gesture, then went to grab his notebook. "Shall we get started?"

"That depends," Audri gave him a flirty smile, "Did you bring the goods?"

"Flower isn't good enough?" Audri slowly shook her head and sniffed it's loveliness. "Well, I suppose I did bring you something."

He turned his chair away from Madame Pince's hawk eyes and handed her a bag of candy.

"How much was this?" Audri tried to grab her coin purse but Ethan's hand stopped her. She raised an eyebrow.

"Think of it as a gift. Like," He cocked his head in thought. "A gift for being a good friend."

"Best friend."

"A best friend," Ethan chuckled. He eyed all the work she had done. "Blimey. Gone for an hour and you finish the load!"

"That was just Arithmancy and Defense Against the Dark Arts," Audri sighed. "Don't get me started on Potions, Charms, or Transfiguration, let alone Herbology. I think my dad's done this on purpose!"

"Dad's done what on purpose?" Neville sneaked up behind her. She gasped and fell into giggles, earning more shushes from Madame Pince. Neville saluted her in all seriousness and turned back to his daughter and Ethan. "Homework date?"

"What? No! Dad," Audri sighed.

"Well, two lovies by the fire, a flower and some candy? Looks like a date to me," Neville winked. Ethan chuckled. "But I'd prefer if it wasn't."

Ethan immediately stopped chuckling.

"Don't you have a plant to groom or something?" Audri whined.

"One Chocolate Frog says I'm leaving now," Neville held out his hand. Audri narrowed her eyes and handed him one. "Two says we won't discuss this."

"How about three say we forget the whole ordeal?" Audri shoved them at Neville. He winked at her, raised a brow at Ethan and went on his way. "Like father like daughter, eh?"