Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Look at me," I say raising my hand for him to look at the hundreds of bruises that cover my skin. "Do you think I could actually go to college like this? After this?" my voice breaks at the end and I really don't know why it does that. I have accepted it, I am fully convinced that this is really going to happen and that I'm ready to deal with it. I don't need any more proofs, I can see and feel it coming.

He gulps nervously and I can't blame him. "You are going to get better," he lies despite the fact that his eyes ask the question I ask myself every single minute that passes by. How worse can this get? Much worse is the answer.

"I am going to die, Levy," I say and this time he is the one that laughs, not buying it.

"Me too, eventually," he replies, "but that doesn't mean I am going to do it now or soon." I just stay staring at him and when he notices it, his smile disappears. He shakes his head. "Don't be ridiculous Madison, you are going to be okay," he assures me when the truth is that he's only trying to convince himself of that lie. I stretch my arm to hold his hand and somehow try to give him some kind of support but he shrugs it away immediately and standing up. "You are not going to do that with me," he says with a guarded tone and I look at him, confused.

"Do what?" I ask before my stomach transforms in a knot.

"All this, your kind of 'You are going to be fine when I die' talk," he reclaims. "I am not going anywhere and neither are you. Is it clear?" I feel the burning increasing in my stomach and his words intensify it while he walks in circles, beginning to make me nauseous.

"Levy..."

"No, Madison you are not going to try to distract me and keep me away like you did with Dylan, like you have done with everyone," he interrupts me moving faster, walking around the room with his hands on fists. He keeps talking nonsense without stopping. I look away to stop seeing him do that but I just get dizzier from his reflection on the stupid mirrors. My bracelet begins beeping alerting me that something is definitely not right which finally makes him stop.

"Shit. What's wrong?" he asks quickly and I try to calm myself down staring at the floor.

"Nausea," I say before I start vomiting all over the floor but this time, not food or water as usual, but blood. Blood that burns my whole throat and makes me feel like it is ripping away a part of me. Is this how it all ends? The spasms happen one after the other with more intensity and more blood each time.

"God, Madison," I hear him say right before I hear the door opening and feel a hand on my back. I cry while spitting out blood. It is disgusting, painful and terrible.

"When did it start?" I hear Wen's voice over my spasms and search for his reflection on the mirrors. He is the one rubbing my back.

"Just a few seconds ago," says Levy as fast as he can, all panicky and fortunately I get to calm down. But the sensation inside me is terrible making me feel like any moment it will happen again.

"Well done, that was all," says Wen pulling me slowly from my shoulders to make me lean against the inclined bed specially set for me. I see his blue eyes in front of me and the tears won't stop escaping from my eyes. I look at the sheets and the dress on me with drops of blood that fall from my mouth and nose. He puts a warm cloth in my nose and tilts my head back while I look at my terrible state in the mirror over me. My eyes are irritated from the effort and my lips are red and swollen.

I close my eyes letting him to finish cleaning my face and when I open my eyes again, is Levy who is next to me, pale and worried. The metallic and gross taste lingers in my mouth and my body hurts and feels more tired than it has ever been before. Neither of us say anything. We both just look at each other until Wen enters again with a new IV.

"Make it..." stop, I try to beg him but my throat won't cooperate.

"Don't talk, you will destroy your vocal chords," he orders, preparing the needle. "It could have been anything," he replies to the question that pops into my mind. He connects me once again the IV and I no longer feel pain from it. Is so much everything that hurts at the same time that I can't tell what really hurts anymore. He touches my forehead with his hand that is cold for some reason.I close my eyes. "You have a fever again," I hear him say before I hear a small grind.

"What's that?" Levy is who asks the question this time.

"The Signefrex," replies Wen. "It shall re-establish her vital signs and temperature. She's made quite a mess." Because of you, I think while he explains to Levy and then I feel sharp brightness over me which makes me open my eyes again. I find a million little bulbs lit over me.

"There will be no pain," he assures me before I close my eyes again and the machine pulls me into darkness.

EDITED BY: JadeFoliage

THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY YOU GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?

MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Next Chapter: March 15th, 2019.