Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

Suddenly guilt takes over me too. I caused all of this. Maybe if I had never approached her in the first place she would have stayed focused on the child. If I had never met her, they wouldn't have found me and forced me to help them. If I didn't make her hang out with me nothing of this would have happened. We wouldn't be here. I probably would have being meeting another ordinary girl. Madison would have being taking care of the child.

But there's nothing we can do to change it now.

"We need to get in," she says when I am unable to say anything and I nod with no other option. We get out of the car.

Once we are inside the actual prom, it's like our discussion never happened. Madison regains her enthusiasm and we enjoy the time we have dancing and chatting with her group of friends.

She looks gorgeous and happy as the rest of the people around us. "Believe it man, she's real," Levy pats me on the shoulder when he catches me watching her. He sits down next to me while the girls talk and take hundreds of pictures together. Like their lives depend on that.

"I don't know why you didn't bring her before," I reply and he laughs watching them.

"I never thought she was your type of girl," he says and I look at him. "You never were exactly a man of only one woman and I love her too much to let her fall for someone as low as you," I laugh at his quite true statement.

"It's different with her," I admit.

"Madison is different," he clarifies. "I know her since she didn't know anything. She wasn't the girl you know now, you could hardly catch more than two words from her at a time. Now she talks even when you don't ask her to." That's true. "I have always been there for her and I hated to let go when she needed me the most. But she found you and I'm glad you were there to pull her out of that darkness she was pulling herself into."

"Or pull her into something worse," I reply looking at her, smiling despite the fact that she must be drowning on the inside. "I don't know what to tell her with what's going on."

"With everything that will happen, she is going to need you next to her," Levy says getting my attention.

"What it is going to happen? Do you know what's happening?" I ask. He attempts to stand up and I notice they are coming. In the background the slow music has already began playing.

"Just be there for her. She doesn't need you to say anything." Levy stands up before they get to the table and joins everyone dancing with Jessica who is wearing a pink dress.

"Hey boyfriend, are you going to dance with me?" I hear Madison's voice and find her with her hand extended at me. I look at her and she smiles. I take her hand standing up and take her to the dance floor. "You are cold," I tell her when I touch her.

"I am sweating, how can I be cold?" she says smiling and making me smile at the same time while we begin to dance close and at the music's rhythm. She's not sweating but I swear she is as cold as ice. Maybe everything is just on my nerves.

"Did I tell you that you look gorgeous?" she smiles making me get lost in her extreme beauty.

"Have I told you that you look extremely handsome?" she says.

"No, not really," I joke and that makes her laugh a little.

"You are everyone's envy today," she says looking around. Surprisingly, several couples do have their eyes on us. Especially that blonde guy, Samuel Rodgers and his date Emma Carlton.

"Do you know what could increase that envy?" I ask and she bites her lip reading my mind. I pull her closer to me and kiss her soft and slowly for so much time that I feel I am going to be the one wearing that red lipstick when finish.

"Let her breath dude!" I hear Levy shout and feel how Madison smiles half through the kiss against me before we let go.

"I told you it was going to make them feel jealous," I say loud enough for Jessica and Levy to hear us.

"Such a shame that lipstick is indelible dude or you would have been the clown of the party!" says Levy and even Madison laughs this time.

"You are ruining our moment here," I complain before they begin kissing.

We keep dancing so close that Madison even leans on my shoulder while we dance. This is when I realize that she is the one I want for life, so much that I think I look like a fool for the way my smile must be right now. "I think I really love you," I say next to her head but she doesn't says anything so I continue imagining that she's only smiling and hugging me stronger because she leans even more on me. "I love you Madison Wrestler," I repeat. Again, there's no answer.

It takes me a minute to realize she isn't dancing anymore but that her entire body weight has shifted onto me. Her body is as cold as ice. "Madison?" I ask again and lean her carefully against my arm. Her eyes are shut.

"Someone call a doctor!"

CLIFFHANGER

EDITED BY: JadeFoliage

FINALLY THE CHAPTER IS HERE YOU GUYS! WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?

MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!

SORRY I'M TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Next chapter: Hopefully on Friday!