Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

It's exactly the same as the one Alison has on her wrist, the letter e followed by a one hundred and fifty just like unlike hers, mine seems to be done with an invisible ink that could only be seen through that light. "Surprise!" Wen smiles at me when he sees my reaction and the lump in my throat gets so big that it's hard for me to swallow the saliva that my mouth produces. He turns my wrist a little showing it to Dylan who confused just looks at it and then at me without understanding anything. Then it is Levy's turn.

"Thank you love," he says when he's done showing my wrist to all the presents and the man sits me back on the sofa. I feel like I am going to burst out crying at any moment. My past has always been in my skin and for nineteen years I was completely unaware of it. "Smart kid, explain that code to us could you...?" Wen directs the question to Levy. My friend gives me a pitying look, increasing my already big desire to cry.

Suddenly I feel like a rare insect, fully intimidated. Like the rest of the world grows around me and I just get smaller in comparison with every second that passes by. The tears involuntarily begin to leave my eyes.

"The letter e and three numbers," says Levy. "Experiment one hundred and fifty." When he says it I look away from everyone else in here. Now it all feels so real. Obviously it has always been but a small fraction of me hoped it wasn't true. That everything was just a kind of a really bad nightmare that would end.

"How rude of you for not telling this handsome man anything about your past, Madison," Wen says and I can barely raise my eyes full of tears to glare at him. "Luckily I am here to clear this out." I gulp and I just really want to vanish.

"As you may have gathered from that singular code on her wrist, this gorgeous lady right here isn't ordinary. She has a perfect combination of genes in her DNA that made her pretty valuable when she was young. Just like Alison is right now. Then she decided, I don't know why or how, to take her away from me and bring her here with the help of this other boy."

"You must have done something wrong if she was needed to take the girl away," Dylan says and I look at him. Wen giggles.

"If letting Madison alive is my sin, call me guilty." I just really hate him so much that it gets to make me cry. "Well, now that we have cleared that about your little girlfriend, I need to talk with her in private," Wen says with his eyes stuck on mine and instantly two other men take Levy and Dylan respectively making them stand up.

"I am not going anywhere," Dylan says trying to let go of them and that just makes the man take out a gun and threaten to shoot him.

"No!" I shout trying to stand up but the man of the truck pulls me back from my hair to my sit. "Dylan please," my voice breaks making it sound like I am actually begging and fortunately I get him to raise his hand letting the man to take him away.

Suddenly I can't hold the appearances anymore and I burst out in an ocean of tears against the sofa. No one says or does anything, they just let me cry till someone finally sits next to me. The woman who stayed with Alison and I suppose the reason of everyone else being here. I stare at her still with tears leaving my eyes and notice she has a big syringe with her and a white gown.

"Give me your hand," she says calm offering me her hand and as a child instead of cooperating I leave my arms against my body.

"You are not taking anything of me." What confidence I hope to summon in that statement ended up as a desperate plea. Doesn't help at all since the woman ends up being stronger than me and pulls my arm to her right before the man holds me strong from my shoulders while I try to get off her hold.

"I work with children honey," says the woman and with a fluid motion she inserts the needle into my vein, despite my struggle. The pinch of pain tenses each of the muscles in my body making me stop moving as she begins to suction my blood. "I could still do this with you jumping," she brags staring with a smile at the syringe as it keeps filling and when it's finally full, she takes it out. Then she puts a little humid cotton right in the place that the needle entered and then just lets me go getting back into the bedroom with that small part of me.

Wen sits down again in the wood chair and as soon as the woman disappears it takes me a moment to realize that in his hands he has another syringe that contains a blue liquid. "You know... I always thought you were going to be our little breakthrough," he begins to say without looking anywhere but the syringe, I gulp. Is that for me? "And we could have made it if it weren't for Georgina."

"I would have died," I reply now with my eyes on the blue substance too. What is that thing supposed to do?

"Would it really had been so bad?" He looks at me and I feel like someone stabbed me in the chest. Would it? "You shouldn't be here sweetie, you shouldn't have known all of this... all these people, all this suffering that you are going through now, it shouldn't have happened to you," he says and I shake my head. He is only trying to mess with your head, I remind myself. But another part asks, Why is he saying all this? What is he going to do?

I look at him again while he hands the syringe to the man next to me. This one with all the intention, takes the syringe and presses it a little letting a drop of the blue liquid to leave the needle and fall on the carpet.I begin to shiver.

Wen stands up and takes sit next to me on the sofa. I am shivering way too much and as expected, I begin to cry immediately.

"Would it hurt," I think but end up saying it out loud in a very low voice that ends up being ignored.

"I don't know... I still can't understand why you didn't just stay home," my eyes get lost in the blue of his, a blue identical to the one of the beach where I was just an hour ago. Where I was happy, where I got my first kiss. His voice sounds sweet and somehow soothing but it gets me nervous. "We shouldn't be doing any of this," he says before taking my wrists strong in his right hand.

"Please no," I cry low. With the other hand he pushes carefully my head to the side till he gets to rest it on the couch's rest removing my hair from my shoulder to uncover my neck. "What are you going to do?" I ask with my voice drown in my cries.

"You are going to be okay," he says making me panic moving my head trying to free me from his hold but he presses my head against the sofa hurting me and making me let out a moan. "We are going to hurt you if you don't stop moving," he says calmed before nodding at the man behind me.

I look from the edge of my eye seeing the needle coming straight to my neck which makes me move again. "No please, don't do this," I beg trying to let go without success. "I am sorry for taking her out... I shouldn't have done that, I am sorry" I cry begging, "I am sorry, please."

"I promise you it will be really quick," he says calm, caressing my cheek to calm me down. "Don't move, Madison," he orders holding me stronger and my tears flow faster from my eyes soaking the sofa till I finally feel it. A sharp pain for the pinch of the needle in my neck. I drown a moan that makes me shut my eyes.

I start feeling sleepy with the terrible pain that persists in my neck for what seems to be an eternity. I open my eyes and find his still looking at me. Another caress in my cheek. "It's almost over," he tells me in the same soothing voice. Or maybe I imagine it, I don't know but then everything turns black.

ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER...

EDITED BY: JadeFoliage

THAT WAS ALL FOR TODAY GUYS! I HOPE YOU HATE WEN AS MUCH AS I HATE HIM IN THIS CHAPTER BUT AT THE SAME TIME I AM HOPING YOU LIKED THIS PART. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Next Chapter: November 16th, 2018.