Epilogue

Five years later 

"Charlie, please tell me your grandparents aren't staying with us." Daniel groaned into his receiver.

"Well, I'm not going to make them spend more money on a hotel!" I replied. "The nursery is closer to us and I'm not showing yet. We can just lock the door and blame the morning sickness on... a stomach bug."

"Charlie...”

"I love them, Daniel. Please, do this for me? I know we're still moving into the house and you have exams at the end of the month, but Pappy can help you! He's a retired lawyer." I said, knowing that Daniel couldn't say no to me. Daniel and I are still happily living together three years after we graduated college. I became a social worker so no one would have to go through the same hell I went through. Daniel wants on to become a lawyer and is still in school. He said that he was doing this for me and all the people out there without a proper voice so they can get their own justice. About a month ago, we found out that we were pregnant. This baby was another accident, but none the less, we would love it just the same.

"Alright, Beautiful, knowing you, you already made up their room anyway." Daniel said, defeated. I smiled and rubbed my belly.

"When are you coming home?" I asked. "You've been away too long."

"It was only for a weekend and Ash and Mary and Owen are with you." Daniel replied. He had gone away for the weekend with Clara for some emergency. He called Ash and asked him to keep an eye on me all weekend. "I'll be home before you go to bed tonight. Hey, how's the baby?"

"Keeping me up, I've already called my boss and told her I couldn't come in tomorrow. I've been puking all day." I mumbled, leaning back into the couch. Ash and Mary went grocery shopping, leaving Owen, their adopted son, with me. Owen was just like me, except both his parents abused him. His neighbors took him after they called the police and in the morning I went by their house and picked up the boy. The minute I saw him, I knew he was the one for Mary and Ash. They told me that they wanted to adopt before they tried to conceive a child. They fell in love the minute his little body ran into the room before mine.

"I'm sorry, Beautiful. I'll make it up to you when I get home tonight." Daniel promised. "Hey, are we going to tell your grandparents about the baby when the get here?"

"Hell no., Pappy will murder you for having premarital coitus. Maybe we should wait a bit, maybe until the beginning of the second trimester? He still doesn't like you very much." I said as I rubbed my belly. Owen got up from the floor and waddled over to me and placed his hands on my belly. He didn't talk much, but he was big on feeling things. As long as he's healthy and happy, everything is okay.

"Yeah, well, he's got to warm up to me sometime, Charlie. I'm the father of his great grandchild." Daniel muttered. "I've got to go, Beautiful. Call me if you need me to pick anything up on my way home. I love you."

"Love you too," I whispered as he hung up. I pulled Owen onto the couch and put on Disney's Cars 2 and let that lull my toddler nephew to sleep.

*

*

*

Mary and I sat on the couch and watching Supernatural as we talked. We talked about how Daniel and I really needed to think about getting married soon, about my baby (her nephew), Owen, work, our significant others.

"But seriously, Charlie, you two have been together since your junior year of high school. It's been... seven years since you two started dating. Is he ever going to propose?" Mary asked, absentmindedly stroking my stomach.

"Hopefully soon because I want to get married before I look like a whale." I muttered. "I mean, who wants to go to a wedding for someone who looks like she is the next Mary, mother of Jesus? I'm twenty three and about to have a baby. I want to be married before our baby comes into the world."

"I know, Charlie, I know." She said. "Listen, it’s late and I'm sure Daniel will be home soon. I need to get home before Owen has an anxiety attack. I love you. Call me if you need me." Mary said giving me a kiss and a hug before retrieving her son and leaving. I was able to keep myself awake for another hour or so until I fell asleep on the couch. I was woken up later from being jostled around.

"Mm, Danny?" I whispered as I pressed my face into his chest.

"Shh, Beautiful, go back to sleep." Daniel whispered as he carried me into our bedroom.

"No," I mumbled. "We need to talk about us." I wasn't completely awake, but I was awake enough.

"Okay, what about?" Daniel asked as he laid me on the bed. "We need to get married." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"I haven't even proposed yet, Beautiful." He chuckled, sitting on the edge of my bed and stroking my hair. Oh, was I awake now or what?

"What?" I asked as I sat up straight.

"Clara didn't have an emergency." Daniel said, taking my left hand in his. "I had called her from work and told her that I needed help picking out a ring for you. I narrowed it down to two, but I couldn't chose and she said she'd be waiting for me when I came home. I wanted to do this tomorrow morning, but I guess it can't wait."

"Danny..." I whispered, moving closer to him.

"Charlotte Moore, I love you. Will you please be my wife?" He asked, pressing his lips lightly against mine.

"Yes." I whispered. He smiled and pulled the ring out of his pocket and slid it on my finger. "When can we get married?" I asked and he chuckled.

In the morning, I will wake up smiling with my fiancé’s arm around my waist and my gaze landing on my ring. My grandparents will be in the house by noon and I will show off the ring and possibly tell them about our baby. And then, one day soon, Daniel and I will get married. And everything will be complete because I'm no longer in a living hell.

I am living.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

Saving Charlotte has ended. I know, it's sad. I will start Meeting Ophelia soon and restart Max and Emma.

My whole body hurts. But I will get it fixed soon.

Oh, I'm going to see Queen with Adam Lambert as their lead singer because the original is dead.  It's on tuesday!

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho