Chapter 8

I woke up in my bed and stretched. I had gone to Annalise and Ashton's house after lunch at Daniel's house. Father left again, and I didn't know when he'd be home. The weekend was the best. I spent the majority of it with Daniel, trying to finish the forsaken project. Finishing the project never really happened; we ended up cuddling on Daniel's floor and watching Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. It was a perfect way to end the weekend.

But now it's Monday and I have to go back to reality. I slid out of bed and walked quietly into the bathroom to shower while Annalise made the three of us breakfast. I jumped as Ashton pounded on the bathroom door, and I quickly scrambled for a towel and opened the door a crack once I was covered. Ashton looked pissed, like he always does when he first wakes up.

"You're taking too damn long, Charlie. I need to pee." Ashton muttered. "And lover-boy is in the kitchen with Mom." He added. What? Daniel's here?

"God, move you Beluga whale!" I grunted as I shoulder Ashton out of my way. I heard Ashton chuckle and he probably shook his head at me. I threw on my clothes and pulled my hair into a sloppy braid before waltzing into the kitchen. Sure enough, Daniel was there, talking to Annalise as Mary was in the corner devouring her banana bread. I laughed softly as I made my way around the island and to the coffee machine and poured myself a cup.

"Enjoying it, Mary?" I asked; sipping my cup of smooth, pitch black coffee. She nodded and smiled at me, scooting closer to me.

"Yup, are we on for girl’s night tonight?" She asked, breaking off a piece of uneaten bread and shoving it in my mouth. "Your mom is a cooking god, by the way." I laughed and ate the piece. Mary was something else. Daniel ended his conversation with Annalise and walked over to us. He looked incredible, to put it modestly. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt and skinny blue jeans. His hair was tousled perfectly and framed his beautiful brown eyes nicely.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said in a low, aching voice as he pinned me against the counter top. I smiled at Daniel as he placed his lips on mine for a good morning kiss.

"Danny, what are you doing here?" I whispered as I pulled back.

"I came to take my beautiful girl to school. And possibly on a dinner date as well?" He asked. I sighed and shook my head as I looked at Mary.

"No can do, Weston. We've got a date night." Mary said smugly. Daniel sighed and pressed his forehead against mine. "Besides, you and Ash have practice. Baseball practice should be out by quarter after four, so you two should have a guy’s night." My eyes widened and I smiled.

"Yeah, my two favorite boys can have a date night!" I exclaimed.

"It's not a date night; it's a guy’s night." Daniel mumbled. I grinned and pecked his lips lightly.

"Thank you, Daniel." I said softly. Daniel smiled back at me and wound his thick arms around my waist. "What is taking Ash so long? He'll be late, again."

"I'll go get him." Annalise said, grabbing a broom from the corner. Mary and I chuckled as we heard a very girly scream come from Ashton followed by a, "What the hell, Mom. I'm naked!"

"Get dressed, Ashton Richard Robertson! And it's not like I've seen my son naked before!" Annalise snapped. By now, Mary was rolling on the tiled floor, dying of laughter, and I was clinging to Daniel for support. Daniel looked at Mary and me like we were deranged hyenas. Ashton came out in his usual black skinny jeans and plaid/flannel shirt. He looked grumpier than when he first woke up. Mary stood and skipped over to him and pecked him on the lips.

"Morning Ash, you look yummy." She said. Mary was never one for whispering. Ashton smiled at Mary and wound an arm around her shoulders, leading her back over to us.