Chapter 13

"What do you mean he's my boyfriend?" Charlie asked loudly as I sat in the corner of the room. She lost three months of her memory apparently. Three months of me breaking down that goddamn wall she took years to build up. She still thinks of me as an ass whole at the moment, not as her boyfriend. This fucking hurts so badly.

"You and Danny have been officially dating for three weeks." Mary said from her spot on the bed. "Unofficially, you two started up in March."

"March," She said softly. "Three months? He hates me, Mare."

"No, Charlie, I don't." I said to her. "I love you, and you love me too. Well, the Charlie that's hiding does."

"Oh." She mumbled, looking at her lap. I stood and walked over to her bed.

"Can I have a moment alone with Charlie?" I asked everyone, and they nodded, one by one filing out of the room. I stood at the end of her bed, watching her face intently.

"Charlotte." I said softly. Charlie raised her head slowly and looked into my eyes. "What do you remember?"

"I remember Ms. Anderson's class and that Tom Sawyer project that we were paired for." She mumbled. "I-I have a question for you."

"Okay.” I said, moving around the end of the bed and sitting on the edge of it.

"Did you—Have we, um, have we—"

"Have we had sex?" I asked for her, and she nodded. "Yes, on Prom night."

"We went to Prom?" I nodded. "Together?" I nodded again.

"Charlie, I told you this once before and I'm gonna tell you again. I am going to fight for you, Charlie." I said, my eyes locked on hers as I grabbed her good hand. She gasped softly, making me smile. I just noticed she didn't have her glasses on. "Can you see me?"

"I can see your outline." She replied. "Father broke my glasses in half during the... attack."

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked, lacing our fingers together. "Bits and pieces," She mumbled.

"Weston," She said. "I know you remember us, everything about us, and I remember nothing. I don't want you to hurt over the next few months while I try and remember everything. So I think you should see other people."

"No." I said instantly. "I don't want anyone else than you, Beautiful." Charlie's fingers tightened around mine. "Do you remember me calling you Beautiful?"

"No, but my body does. I get butterflies in my tummy when you say that. Or when hold my hand." She admitted. I smiled and scooted closer to her.

"Do you mind if I kiss you?" I asked.

"Yes, I do mind." She said. "If I don't remember you, I want to minimalize the casualties. You understand, right?" I nodded sadly and kissed her cheek.

Charlotte was able to go home after a week. They still hadn't caught her bastard father and his little minion. Charlotte was more or less acting like herself, but anyone could tell that pieces were missing. She was reverting to holing up her emotions again. It was killing me to see her like that. The day she came home Mary and I basically moved into Anna and Ashton's house. There was no way in hell the four of us were going to let her out of our sights again.

Charlie had been confined to a wheelchair since she was so badly bent out of shape. She had become kind of depressed as a result of it. She loved to move, be independent, but the wheelchair made her a complete opposite of that. She needed help getting in and out of it, going up and down stairs, bathing, using the bathroom, even changing. I hated seeing her so... not herself anymore.