Chapter 2

I walked into my English Literature class and sat in my seat. It may have been the start of the new semester, but my English Lit class ran all year long because it's an AP class. It was a mix class and there were seniors as well as juniors. I knew most of the people in the class should be taking it, but what surprised me was the other people who took it. So many jocks took this AP class and were actually doing well in it.

One of those jocks would be Daniel Weston. I didn't realize how smart he was until I edited one of his papers by chance. I guess that'll teach me to judge a book by its cover.

Ms. Anderson walked into class as the bell rang and the class quieted down. I may be exaggerating a bit, but, people who've had this woman as her teacher before know she is the sweetest person on the face of the earth. She doesn't know how to scold or be mean and she's always so quiet.

"So class, we're starting a new book and before we start it, we'll be doing a project before it. I have your partners already sorted out. What you will be doing is writing a paper on your partner; on what you thought they were before this project, what you learned about them during the project and what you learned about them after the project. We will be working on this project while we read the book, which is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain." She said. Ms. Anderson looked down at her list and started reading.

"Zanini and Billiards, White and Finn, Montel and Cummings, Martin and White, Brooks and Leary, Dunham and Pinette, and Moore and Weston, get with your partners! You will be sitting with them the rest of this book!" I groaned inwardly as I saw Daniel stand and come over to the empty seat beside me. We didn't talk as she handed out the books and started giving us back ground information on the author and the book. He just stared at me. I thought that he had seen a bruise or a burn mark so I pretended to fix the color of my shirt and pulled it up more and made sure my upper arms were covered. But he was still staring. What's his deal? I shook off the uncomfortable feeling I had and paid attention to Ms. A for the rest of class.

The bell rang and I collected my things quickly, wanting to get away from Daniel Weston more than anything. Just as I reached the door, Weston grabbed my wrist and spun me around, making me look at him.

"So, since we have to get to know each other for this stupid project, I was thinking that you should come over Friday afternoon for some Q&A and maybe dinner." He said quietly so no one could here out conversation. I stilled a bit at his words. I was barely able to see Mary after school and that was only for an hour. If I even tried to suggest dinner with a guy, I'd be going out with nice black and blue eye shadow on my good eye.

"Um, I have to decline. I have family coming over on Friday." I lied. Daniel eyed me as I looked at the ground.

"Are you okay, your eye…?” He trailed, tipping my chin up to get a better look. I slapped his hand away before he could get a better look.

"I'm fine." I hissed, booking it out of the room. Daniel, being the track star he is, was able to catch up with me.

"What's your problem, Moore? You look like you have a nasty bruise. I've had my fair share of those from boxing at the gym. Lemme see it." He said, grabbing my elbow. But I kept moving.

"Let me go, Weston. I'm fine. I think you need to get your eyes checked." I muttered, yanking my arm away. I accidentally bumped into someone with my bad hip and hissed in pain, doubling over slightly. Weston grabbed my purple sides and I just wanted to cry now. Will people just stop touching me!

"Moore, are you okay?" He asked.

"Let. Me. Go." I let out, scathing mad. "Just let me go." He did and I walked away. My next block was my free period, so I went out to the parking lot and sat in my car, needing space from the world. My beautiful 1975 Volkswagen is my baby. She's been there for me since I could drive this thing.

While I was lost in my thoughts, my phone rang and I answered it.

"Where the hell is my booze?" My father shouted into the phone. I winced and held the phone away from my ear.

"You drank it all, Father." I said calmly.

"No, you drank it, you little bitch. I want my booze!" He shouted again.

"I didn't drink it! You drank it. You always drink it! Just like you always smoke your entire Weed when you’re out of tobacco or whatever else you do!" I shouted and tears pricked my eyes.

"You listen here, you little whore. I want money for my booze and for my other crap, and I want it tonight. If I don't get it, there will be hell to pay." He threatened and hung up. I dropped my phone into my lap and stared out the window, holding myself. Why did I have to have him as my father?

I jumped when someone rapped on my window three times.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

New update, and very dark. As a forewarning, this book will be dark. If you aren't into those kinds of books, I'm sorry and I don't want your sass. If you are, please continue reading. This book will have a happy ending, I promise.

How were your weeks? Do anything fun? I hope you did!

Vote, Comment, Share.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho