Chapter 1

I remembered the day my mom died like it was yesterday. We were walking out of the bank hand in hand. I was wearing a pink stripped dress with my hair in pigtails. My mom was gorgeous in her blue jeans and sweater with her hair pulled back in a bun. I was babbling nonsense to her with a lollipop in my mouth when a man in black came out of nowhere with a gun. Mom shoved me behind her legs and tried to reason with the guy. Little did I know that this man was unstable from a brain tumor. Someone had called the cops as the man pulled the trigger and put a bullet in my mother's liver. My mother held me as she died in the back of an ambulance.

I was only five years old when that happened. It's been eleven years since my hell began.

My father blamed me for my mother's death and a few months after the funeral, he started doing drugs and relying heavily on alcohol to take away the pain from losing his beloved. He started hitting me for things, like acting out and being a brat. Eventually, hitting me became a favored past-time of his. He stopped hitting me when I was ten, for about eleven months, when he was dating someone. Ashton, his girlfriend's son, almost became my brother but his mother found out about the drugs and she left. But they never forgot about me. Before they left, Annalise told me if he ever leaves for more than two days, I could go to her house and escape. And I do just that.

I've gotten good at hiding the bruises and burn marks from his drunken and high rages. I would use concealer and wear clothing that would cover the marks so no one would notice. There were only three people who knew my father was doing this to me; Ashton, Annalise, and my best friend, Mary. I had to beg them all not to notify the police or DSS about it. I couldn't be put in foster care with only two years left of high school. I was so close to leaving this god-forsaken place. I could suffer until then.

*

*

*

I walked into school with Ashton at my side. I had a deep purple bruise around my left eye from last night. Father got very drunk and decided to take his rage out on me. He hit me a lot around the stomach, then one good pop to the face. It was a bit more difficult to hide this one, but I managed to do it. Ashton had his arm wound around my waist, like an over protective brother, which he is, kind of. He's not my brother by blood, but he was almost married into my family. And I'm glad he wasn't.

Mary waited for us at her locker and immediately sighed when I took off the glasses. She knew he hit me again. I replaced the sunglasses with my bulky, square rimmed glasses that allowed me to see two times better than before. I opened my locker as Ashton and Mary talked. They just started dating a few weeks ago, which made me very happy. If they stayed together, they'll make such fucking cute babies. I grabbed my first block class books and gingerly rested them on my black and blue hip. Ashton had excused himself to go talk to his buddies, leaving Mary and I to walk to class together.

We walked down the hall together, talking about everything but my father. I hated the man with a burning passion, but he blamed me for something I had nothing to do with. I had turned my head towards Mary to get a better look at her as we talked and I collided with a very solid chest that sent me on my ass. I looked up at the breath-taking asshole Daniel Weston who glared at me before stepping around me. He muttered 'freak' under his breath and I shot him the bird as Mary helped me up. God, I he infuriates me!

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

New book, yay! I'm only posting the first chapter for now. I'll start writing this more when I'm closer to finishing The Girl in the Music Shop. So, as a heads up, this is kind of a dark story. I'm taking this idea from a Role Play I did a few years ago and plus, I like writing dark stories. I may post new chapters periodically until The Girl in the Music Shop is done because knowing myself, I'll get sudden bursts of creativity and have this idea that I'll need to write down and eventually post.

So, I based a few of the characters off of people I deal with on a daily basis. Daniel is modeled off an ass-whole who gets on my nerves all the time. But unlike in real life, Charlotte will have a romantic relationship with him.

Ashton is modeled off of my best friend ever who is a freaking sweetheart and I love him!

And Mary is based off of my best girl friend. She's a pain in my ass, but funny as hell to talk to!

Tell me what you all think about this book. Please, please, please vote comment and most importantly SHARE this story. I love writing. It's my passion and I want people to be able to share this passion with everyone.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho