The room felt cold and uninviting, despite the fact I was wearing a comfy jumper and tracksuit bottoms.

I sighed and bit my lip in the silence.
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to stay alone...

Hm...

I grabbed my phone from the coffee table and flicked through mine and Erin's messages. I've been so distant from him recently...

Well, more than being in different countries would excuse I mean.

How's it going bitch

I typed into the messages and smirked to myself.

A few seconds later I was receiving a phone call and I blinked at the screen in panic.

Uh....

Ugh, fine.

I accepted the call and jumped at his voice.

"Ah haha! I caught you, no excuses this time." He chirped happily.

"What? I don't make excuses."

"'I was sleeping.' 'I was eating' 'I'm on a walk'. Pfft, I'm beginning to think you are avoiding me." He rambled and I smiled.

"You seem... energetic."

"Yeah and you don't, what's wrong?"

"What? Nothing."

"Lies, you seem different, even your texts feel like they're from a different person most of the time. So blunt...and, tired? Like that's my job to be blunt and tired, come on. No swapsies."

"I'm sorry, I try, it's just...I do feel tired...low energy. I haven't been sleeping the best recently..." I sighed. "How's it going for you?"

"Yeah later, what sort of tired? Like want's to nap kinda tired? Or ran a marathon kinda tired?"

"What? Why does that matter?"

"Just wondering, answer bitch."

"Um, I guess, it's more like I'd rather be sleeping all the time."

"No motivation?"

"I think that is a side effect of lack of sleep..."

"Is it though?"

"Uh, YES?"

"I don't know man, you seem to be having a lot of the side effects my doctor listed of something I was likely to get during my cancer treatment..."

"What?"

"You know, like depression or something."

I snorted. "Fuck off bitch I don't have depression."

"I mean..." He said seriously and I chuckled.

"That's like, insulting."

"What? To you?"

"No, to people who actually have depression. Someone like me wouldn't have depression."

"What? Depression is an illness Riley, doesn't matter what kind of life you have, you can get it either way."

I sighed heavily.

"No Erin, I'm just... I'm just going through something right now I..." I gulped. "I don't really want to talk about it..."

"Why, what happened? You're keeping something from me aren't you? I'm not stupid."

"Erin, I really appreciate you worrying about me and trying to help. But there isn't much you can do, I'm fine."