before he fell...

"Before he fell..." is a collection of drabble written from Mr. A's POV noong hindi pa niya na-realize na umiibig na pala siya kay Dei.

I hope you enjoy my anniversary gift. I have been reserving this story for this day. 

There's more to come.  :)

***** Chapter 1 *****

Alam ni Alden na nabigla lahat ng empleyado ng  MUNDO sa biglaang pagdating niya sa bansa pagkatapos matapos ang pinuntahang business summit abroad. But he did not expect his board of directors to be this unprepared. Kahit isa walang bumisita sa kanya sa opisina to report something eh ilang oras na siyang andito.

"Fine," he gritted his teeth and dropped the files he was holding on his desk. "Reschedule the general meeting tomorrow."

Medyo nakahinga ng maluwag do'n si Leo. "Okay, sir."

"Go and have my ride ready. I will be having lunch with the mayor."

Minasahe agad ni Alden ang noo pagkatapos lumabas ni Leo sa opisina niya. When he remembered the dinner he will be having with his grandfather, and a possible hidden agenda behind it, his frustration went up a notch. 

Hindi nagtagal at lumabas din siya ng opisina at pumasok sa elevator. After pressing the "G" on the button pad, he stepped back and tried to calm his foul mood. 

You need a rest, bulong ng konsensya niya.

The thought was tempting but he couldn't afford to rest. Kasi laging tumatakbo sa isip niya ang kompanya at ang mga responsibilidad niya dito. 

His eyes immediately shoot up  when the elevator stopped a few seconds later. Bumukas ang pinto at agad na pinansin ng mga mata niya ang babae na nakangiti habang nakatingala sa labas ng elevator. She looked excited... and mischievous... and so freaking vulnerable and sweet... 

His mind went blank.

When she finally noticed his presence, he was not prepared at the sudden change of look. Gone was the bright smile and gleam on her eyes that he seemed to enjoy earlier. Immediately, he wanted to know what made her happy. 

Shit...

"Don't come in," biglang nasabi niya ng akmang papasok ito sa loob ng elevator.

He quickly took a step forward and pressed a button to close the elevator door. His mind was on a jumble of thoughts that he couldn't quite comprehend. 

Pagod lang iyan, excuse niya sa sarili.

But just one look at her again and he couldn't take his eyes off of her anymore. She was watching him and Alden swore his mind went blank again. It felt as if he had just experienced the rest that his mind was craving in the presence of that girl. 

The first time he met Dei... it was overwhelming and scary. 

*****