Forty-two

*****

Dahil pinuso-an ni Alden ang picture ni Maine!

*****

"Late ka na naman, first day na first day. Hindi ka pa kasal niyan ha," Jhake teased when he passed by Dei's cubicle with her head propped on both hands on her desk.

Parang wala itong narinig habang patuloy na nakatitig sa kawalan. How could she think properly after Alden kissed her senseless at his house and in the passenger seat of his car?

Jhake frowned and waved the folder he was holding in front of her face. She remained unfazed, not even a blink or a sigh.

"Hey, A!"

Dei quickly whipped her head towards the direction Jhake was looking.

"O, nasa MUNDO ka na? I was bluffing," pang-asar ni Jhake bago naglakad papasok sa office. "Cam, watched Dei from time to time. Grabe ata talaga ang pagkabagok sa puso - I mean sa ulo."

Inis na tinapunan na lang ni Dei ng masamang tingin si Jhake at binigyan pansin ang nakabukas na laptop para magtrabaho. Her lips could still feel every nip and suck of Alden's kisses from earlier. She actually couldn't get enough of it.

*****

Sabay na lumabas sa opisina sina Alden at Leo pagkatapos ng munting meeting nila tungkol sa inasikasong trabaho ni Leo sa London. He looked at the twins who immediately stood upright after having a tiny discussion on someone's social media.

"You mentioned Dei?" he asked, his stern voice slowly sent chills on their spine.

"It was nothing, Mr. A. Nagpost kasi ng sunset pic si Ms. Dei and it was beautiful," paliwanag ni Sofia, na tinanguan naman ni Monica.

"Let me see..."

He was about to take a step towards them when Leo cleared his throat. "Mr. A, we don't have much time."

Heaving a sigh, Alden forced herself to backtrack and proceed towards the elevator.

Alden settled himself on the backseat of Leo's car while he drove them towards Cirkulo restaurant for an executive lunch meeting.

"Leo, ano nga username ni Dei?" Alden fished out his phone, thumbs ready to punch in the letters.

"Mainedcm, Mr. A," the corner of Leo's lips quirked up and tried not to reveal it on the rear-view mirror.

Alden gave a contented hum when he found her Instagram photos. He saw her latest post, the sunset, that was obviously taken yesterday but posted on the site approximately 40 minutes ago.

A smile crossed his lips after reading the caption.

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

-Margaret Mitchell (Gone with the Wind)

He bit his lower lip and started drifting his mind on the kisses they shared back at the house. Oh, he was hot alright. It took a lot of shower to calm his boner.

  Tinignan pa niya ang ibang photos ni Dei sa Instagram and paused when he saw a picture of her on a two-piece bikini.