Sixty-two

Kanina pa patingin-tingin sa paligid ng wedding reception venue si Barbie kakahanap sa groom and bride

Kanina pa patingin-tingin sa paligid ng wedding reception venue si Barbie kakahanap sa groom and bride. Ayaw man niya aminin pero mukhang iniwan na ng dalawa ang party.

"Jhake!" tawag niya sa boyfriend pagkatapos makipag-usap sa lolo niya.

His arms immediately welcomed her presence with a smile. "What is it, Bhei?"

"Nakita mo ba si Kris and his men?"

"They left an hour ago."

"Can you please call him and ask the whereabout of my bride and groom? They can't just left without properly saying goodbye to their guests."

Parang agila na nakatingin sa phone si Barbie habang nakatawag si Jhake kay Kris. He asked him the whereabouts of the newly weds and his friend replied, "You don't have to know."

Because it's on loudspeaker, Barbie clearly heard it all. "How rude. Pareho kayo ng amo mo."

"Bhei, Alden's your cousin."

"Anyway," Bhei quickly dismissed that fact and took Jhake's phone. "Kanina pa ba umalis ng venue iyong dalawa, Kris? Cuz if they're not, can you-"

"We are not allowed to disturb them. We are not even allowed to be near their vicinity. Mr. A left a very clear command to all of us and we don't want to risk it. He's on his Honeymoon."

Barbie ended the call with a frustrated sigh directed to Alden and Dei. Altough they already accomplished almost everything that was stated on the program for this event, they still have to do the goodbye ceremony for the bride and groom. Now she has to face all the guests here and distract them from the missing couple. Great.

"Hindi man lang hinintay matapos ang 10pm!" Reklamo niya kay Jhake who was totally helpless about the situation.

*****

Dei couldn't hide her excitement while Alden speed the white Ferrari along the expressway. It's not okay to suddenly leave the party and their guests but the guilt was slowly turning into quite a thrilling moment when Alden pulled her by the wrist and made a sneeky ran out of the banquet hall and out on the entrance where the car was waiting and ready to go. She didn't even notice any traces of Kris and his men following them from behind.

"Para tayong nagtatanan..." she remarked and giggled when Alden took her left hand and kissed it tenderly. "I should probably leave a message of apology to Barbie for the guests, right?"

"Trust me, they will understand."

"Understand, what?" she smiled. "Na hindi tayo makapaghintay sa Honeymoon? Eh ikaw lang naman itong atat, dinamay mo pa ko."

He chuckled and placed fluttering kisses on the gaps of her fingers.

"I love you, my wife," he quitely confessed, along with that cute endearment that he has been calling her the whole night.