Eight

*****

I want to say "Thank You" to the readers of MDG lalo na ang mga panay nagko-comment. Aminado naman kasi ako na minsan mali ang sentence structure ko and that I am not good with grammar. Kaya sobrang pasasalamat ko na hindi niyo ako pinuna bagkus nag-enjoy pa kayo sa kuwento. 

I hope you enjoy this update too!

*****

Dei stopped to stare the exterior of M.U.N.D.O., like always. Hindi na lang niya ininda ang kakaibang tingin ng ibang mga empleyado sa kanya nang madaanan siya ng mga ito papasok ng kompanya. She knew there were still few who thought dirty about her personality. Unless something big of a controversy showed in the employees' portal again, people will not tend to forget about her.

Breathing in the usual scent of roadside air pollution, Dei strutted her way inside the building.

Pero mabilis siyang napaatras ng huminto bigla ang isang itim na motorbike sa entrada ng MUNDO.

*****

The bike screeched to a full stop and Alden coolly removed his black helmet with an arrogant air. Leo and his men were already waiting for him at the entrance, but he did not expect Dei to be standing near his post, looking like she was waiting for him.

"No greeting?"

"Good morning, Mr. A," she slightly bowed her head in respect to him.

Umalis siya sa pagkakaupo sa motorbike at binigay sa nag-aabang na attendant ang helmet.

"Kamusta si Jhake?" he suddenly asked and gestured Dei to walk with him.

"Okay naman po, Mr. A. The doctor advised him to come to work next week," she answered with confidence and she actually looked like a competent secretary of Jhake.

He slightly bit his lower lip as he quietly watched her at the corner of his eyes. Mukhang hindi ito naapektuhan sa nangyaring kaguluhan kahapon sa emloyee's portal.

*****

Nang makapasok sila sa loob ng building, agad na kumunot ang noo ng mga empleyadong nakakakita sa kanila. Dei held her composure and stood upright. Hindi lang naman siya ang kasamang naglalakad ni Mr. A. Andiyan din naman si Leo at mga bodyguard nito. Ang dami lang talagang mapanghusga.

"Mr. A, pwede po huwag na kayong maging extra mabait sa'kin? It kind of puts me in an awkward situation."

"You can't just cancel your wish, Ms. Dei."

"I thought it will give me an advantage to my work. Napi-peste lang pala ako." She quickly covered her mouth at the sudden swear and looked up at Alden in fear.

"We'll see..." he replied and continued walking towards the VIP elevator.

Agad na tinupan niya ang likod nito ng masamang tingin sabay ngiti. Ayan na naman siya sa pa-We'll see niya!

She stumped her way towards the regular elevator and got more annoyed at the employees who blatantly stared at her.

"Sa tingin niyo papatulan ako ng taong iyon?! I am just Jhake's secretary! Grabe kayo sa'kin!"

*****

Nabulabog ang umaga ni Dei ng makita ang nakaschedule sa araw na ito ni Jhake. At 3pm, he is scheduled to have a meeting with Mr. A about the 3 acquisitions Jhake made in China. Syempre alam niya ang laman nitong meeting kasi siya ang umayos sa dokumento nito at ngayon may sakit si Jhake, she has to represent him. But she never had the chance to work directly with the Big Boss. At ayaw niyang makita uli si Mr. A.

She sighed and her eyes slowly went to Camilla. Then she quickly shook her head to disagree on her train of thought.

"Ikaw and secretary ni Jhake, Dei. Ikaw ang secretary ni Jhake..." she told herself repeatedly.

JHAKE, BALIK KA NA SA TRABAHO NGAYOOON!!!! she messaged him after failing to convince herself. But the guy did not respond even after a couple of hours had passed.

Napasimangot na lang si Dei. Mukhang kailangan niya talagang umasa na lang sa sariling abilidad.

*****

3pm came and Dei found herself sitting on one of the two garnet chairs in front of the CEO's desk. She was twiddling her fingers while Alden read the contracts of the acquisition.

He reached out for his pen and raised his head to look at Dei. He asked her questions about the contracts that were advantageous and disadvantageous for the company. Dei gave him answers that were prepared and well-thought of.

Both of them were taking notes of the questions and answers that took place. Alden was actually having fun that he went further into asking her how to improve the 3 companies.

Despite Dei's quirkiness, or maybe because she's a quirky one, she knew how to maneuver around a problem without thinking it was outlandish or downright stupid.

Hence, their conversation was smooth.

"Thank you, Ms. Dei," he said after their talk and stood up to offer her a handshake.

Nagulat saglit si Dei pero tumayo din siya at masayang tinanggap ang kamay nito. When their hands touched, a tingling sensation suddenly jolted right from the tip of their fingers and straight into their nerves.

Sunod-sunod na munting tawa ang lumabas mula sa bibig ni Dei. She suddenly giggled at the unfamiliar tremor to where Alden was tightly holding.

"S-Sorry, Mr. A," she said between giggles and shut her lips to suppress her glee.

Taliwas sa nangyayari sa kanya, mukhang okay naman si Mr. A habang tinitigan siya. "Did you tell your mother we are cancelling their arrangement?"

Umiling siya agad. "Hindi pa. Kayo po?"

"Hindi pa rin. Tight schedules."

"Okay... Ahm... C-Can I go now, Mr. A?"

"Sure."

"I-Iyong kamay ko po.." Turo niya sa magkahawak nilang kamay na mahigpit nitong hinahawakan.

*****

Alden frowned and watched Dei's hand slowly slip from his grasp.

"I am leaving now, Mr. A. Thank you for the time."

Tumango lang siya at pinagmasdan itong umalis. He was about to call her again when she suddenly stopped and turned to him.

"Mr. A, nagthank you po kayo sa'kin. Did I really do an excellent job?"

"Yes," he said and he watched her happy self leave and disappear behind his door.

Pabagsak na umupo sa corporate chair niya si Alden at pinagmasdan ang kanang kamay. He could still feel the tingling sensation from his hand, hammering his heart.

"What the fuck..." he muttered and slightly bit his lower lip.