Fifty-six

*****

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY kay ate @meeyu1937 and to my dearest online friend @QueenPat09 !!! 

Also, it's Maine's 2nd anniversary!! Let's celebrate~~ 🤗🤗🤗

*****

Dei smiled at Alden who was pacing back and forth outside the jail precinct while waiting for her.

"Are you okay?" He asked as soon as he saw her stepping out of the building.

Tumango siya at niyakap ito sa bewang habang papunta sila sa parking area. "Nag-apologize sa'kin si Laureen. I think the authorities helped her to realize what she did and guided her to redemption. I'm happy that she's starting a new life by learning how to weave baskets..."

"But you don't look happy?"

She sighed. "I offered her help. Sabi ko tawagan niya ako kapag nakalaya na siya and I can give her a job in my shop. I think I can establish my shop a few years from now but she rejected my offer."

"She's not your responsibility, Dei. At least she's in her right mind now not to cause any harm again." He kissed her temple and opened the passenger's door for her.

"Thank you for coming here with me, Alden."

"You always try to see the good in people. Might as well be here at your side in case it will get you in trouble."

"Not always, Alden. It's hard to be a saint in front of your ex." She smiled, kissed his lips tenderly, before sliding inside the comfort of European leather seat of his car.

He chuckled, closed the door for her, and shook his head as he walked in front to reach the driver's seat. Once they're out on the road going to MUNDO, Dei's eyes wondered on the bikes passing their car.

"Alden, hindi mo ba na-miss ang mag-motor?"

"Sometimes. But you hate it."

"Hindi naman sa hate, takot lang. It got my father killed."

"Why are you suddenly asking such question?"

She shrugged. "Nakatingga lang ang mga motor mo sa garahe. May mga na-recognize nga ako na collector's item dun. You obviously love motorbikes. You should drive them, at least twice a week. Pwede naman ako sumakay kina Kris..."

"I am happy that you're saying that Dei. But as long as I'm here, I should be the one driving you." He grinned and glanced at Dei amusingly. "How were you able to recognize the bikes that are of collector's item?"

"Nagtingin-tingin ako. I was planning to buy you a bike as a wedding gift. Kaso, pang-mountain bike lang ang afford ko ngayon." She pouted and that made him laugh.

"Right, the wedding gift. Hindi naman ako pihikan sa mga regalo. I'm okay with handmade stuffs."

"Sus, wala naman akong ka-artsy artsy sa katawan." She sighed. "Nga pala Alden, asan iyong puti mong sports car? Pansin ko, ito na lagi ang ginagamit natin."

That got him flustered. "W-What, you don't like my Rover?"

"Gusto naman, pero nasanay na ako dun sa isa. Masyadong malaki kasi ito para sa'ting dalawa lang."

"It's in a car shop, Dei. Pinaayos ko..." he decided to confess.

"Bakit?"

"I got in an accident the day I was looking for you..."