Sixty-four

It was still early morning, the sky was soaked in hues of blue and orange. Dei removed her slippers and walked down on the cold white sand of the beach. Imbes na sa lounger sa umupo, lumapit pa siya may dalampasigan at doon umupo sa malamig na buhangin.

She hoped Alden was still sleeping. When she left their room, she almost startled him with a soft kiss on his lips. But he stirred and then went back to sleep. Mukhang napuyat ito sa inaasikasong trabaho sa loob ng study room kagabi. She would've been disappointed if he had not come to bed and cuddled with her for the rest of the night.

Dei took out her phone and took few pictures of the sea and the beautiful sunrise. Isang araw na lang at matatapos na ang isang linggong Honeymoon nila. Babalik na sila sa syudad mamaya at hindi na 'yon "just you and me" moment. He will probably start to tend the piles of work left in his office and get busy. Nag-uumpisa na ngang magsidatingan ang trabaho nito kahapon pa lang. At siya naman, magiging busy din sa paghahanda sa bagong secretary ni Jhake kasi magre-resign na siya sa isang linggo.

She turned her head when she felt someone's presence behind her. Napangiti agad siya ng makita si Alden, fresh from bed, na naglalakad papunta sa kanya. He was clad in nothing but a pair of black shorts. His body was tanned a little in a result of the time they spent touring around the best places in Batangas and swimming on the beach for the past few days.

Ang aga pa pero nakakatempting na tignan ang asawa niya. It was impossible to keep from admiring the lithe flow of his muscles as he walked towards her with such fluidity like that. Inborn na ata dito ang pagiging ultimate hearththrob.

She told to herself to take a note once he's all wrinkled with gray hairs.... kung gwapo pa rin ba tignan. Then she'll laugh at his face, saying there's no exception when it comes to aging. Ha!

Alden plopped next to her on the sand, bursting her train of thoughts. His touch on her face warmed her as he leaned closer and brushed his lips against hers in a quick kiss.

"You got me worried, my wife. Andito ka lang pala..."

Doon niya lang napansin ang mga pawis sa mukha at leeg nito. She imagined him running around the entire house, checking every room, to look for her. It clenched her heart.

"Ang himbing kasi ng tulog mo, akala ko tulog ka pa sa pagbalik ko. So I didn't bother to leave a note." She carressed the stubbles along his jaws. "Sorry, dear."

Alden grinned at the chosen endearment she was using for him and stared at the horizon where the glimpse of sunrise surfaced above the sea. Dinig na dinig din nila ang mumunting awit ng mga ibon at alon ng dagat. Such a beautiful morning...

"Let's go inside," Alden nuzzled into her neck, licking that sweet spot under her ear, eliciting soft giggles from her.

He helped her rose from her feet and backugged her as they walked back towards the villa. Nasa may pool pa lang sila ng maramdaman niya ang mga halik ni Alden na inuulanan ang leeg niya. She moaned and faced him, crushing their lips into a slow, sensual kiss. His stubble grazed against her delicate skin as he trailed the curve of her neck with hot, open-mouthed kisses and then captured her lips, pushing his tongue past her willing lips.

"Alden..."

Alden continued to savor the taste of her mouth, not realizing she was calling for him and not moaning his name.

Inilayo ni Dei ang mukha at tinignan ito sa mga mata. "Alden..."

"What?" Medyo inis nitong tugon. He has not kissed her the entire night last night and it's making him ache.

"Gusto mo ba..." she started walking him backwards, her hand on his bare chest distracting him. "Magpalamig muna?"

Before Alden could have a chance to find the balance, she pushed him into the pool.