Fifty-three

*****

Pasensya na kung delay na naman itong UD ko. MARAMING BESES ko kasi in-edit ang mga scenarios. Believe me, I tried. With Ate Jackie's help, here it goes...

Enjoy!

*****

Kris sabihin mo na kay A na andito siya sa bahay ko. Tell him to calm himself first before coming...

-Jhake

*****

Huminto sa gitna ng pagsisipilyo si Dei ng hindi pa rin humihinto ang pagtunog ng doorbell. She lowered her head and cleaned her mouth first before stepping out of the toilet room.

"Jhake!"

Walang sumagot.

She frowned. "Jhake, may tao!"

Hindi pa rin ito sumagot. Kaya napilitan siyang puntahan ang pinto at buksan ito.

"Dei..."

Alden's eyes tentatively gazed down at the toothbrush she was holding tightly before settling back on her surprise face. Lalapitan niya sana ito, ready to apologize, but she shrieked and slammed the door on his face.

"Aww!" he yelped when the door hit his nose.

Mabilis na binuksan ni Dei ang pinto sabay in-obserbahan siya. "Okay ka lang?"

"Yeah..."

And the door slammed close again in front of him. Napahilamos na lang ng kamay sa mukha si Alden. That was a first too, having someone slammed the door on him... twice.

At least she's not crying, A, he told himself.

"Dei, buksan mo ang pinto. Let's talk..."

"Ayoko..."

"Please?"

She didn't respond.

Left with no choice, Alden walked around the house and slid the glass door on the pool side. Tuloy-tuloy siyang pumasok sa loob hanggang sa marating ang sala kung saan paikot-ikot na naglalakad sa harap ng pinto si Dei.

As soon as her eyes darted on Alden's direction, she ran towards the nearby room and locked it. Alden sighed and stopped in front of the toilet room's white door.

"Dei, let's talk?"

"Alam mo ba tresspassing itong ginagawa mo?"

"He left you with me...and this is not even your house."

"WALA KA NANG PAKI DUN!"

"Dei, come on. We both know that's the least of our worries right now..."

Hindi ito sumagot.

"Hindi ka pa ba tapos mag-toothbrush?"

"Nagpapatawa ka ba?" inis nitong sabi mula sa loob.

"No. I just want to make sure we're going to settle our conflict the right way."

"Go away..."

"I'm here to reconcile."

"I said go away!"