"D-Demi" she cried

"Yeah sweetie?"

"I'm s-scared"

I let go of her hand and wrapped my arm around her. I let her hold my other hand now instead.

"Shhhh melody calm down. I'm here; just take nice deep breaths for me."

"I don't like it Demi" she whimpered

"I know baby I know"

I watched as she tried to settle her breathing.

"That's it, good girl"

We then hit the runway and the plane sped up, she held her breath and held my hand tightly as she squeezed her eyes shut. I rubbed my hand up and down her arm as the plane took off and we were in the air.

"Melody breathe for me sweetheart."

She let go of the breath she was holding and tried to turn herself into me. I lifted the armrest up in between the chairs to make it a little easier. All I wanted to do was pull her onto my lap but the seatbelt sign was still on.

"Good girl. You're doing really well" I encouraged

Ten minutes later when we could finally take our seat belts off I quickly unfastened melody's and lifted her easily onto my lap. She sat sideways and I pulled her head down onto my chest as her cries softened. She was facing Wilmer and he kindly smiled down at her.

"That's it baby girl. Shhhh calm down."

I didn't understand why, but it felt so natural calling her baby girl.

After a while her cries finally stopped and she had settled herself comfortably in my arms. I don't know why but something about this just felt right. Wilmer had convinced her to play a game with him on his ipad. I watched them silently and smiled to myself at how good Wilmer was with her. I know I've only just met her but having her on my lap like this makes me feel like she's actually my little girl.

I was so curious about her situation; I had to find out more about her.

"Melody?" I questioned

She looked up from the ipad and stared into my eyes.

"Who's meeting you at the airport in LA?"

I felt her body tense in my arms and watched her as she looked down and played with my hands.

"Sweetheart what's going on?" I asked again

She looked up at Wilmer and he gave her an encouraging smile, she turned round in my lap to face me and I wrapped my arms around her back so she didn't fall backwards.