Chapter 130: Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"Where are you going?!" Connor yelled after her, his anger subsiding as he noticed how hurt Tasha looked. "Tasha—"

"I'm going to work. Lock the door when you're done." Tasha ignored his pleas as she got into the taxi, allowing it to speed off as tears streamed down her face.

•••

"Hank, I fucked up." Connor said as they drove towards the precinct. "I really fucked up."

"No shit, kid

"No shit, kid." Hank sighed, "What matters is what you do about it."

"I— I don't know what I can do. I hurt her, Hank. I promised I would never hurt her but I did and I don't know what to do!"

"Connor, you need to calm down." Hank pulled the car over on a side street to focus on the boy.

"I can't help if you don't tell me what happened."

Connor sighed, "Tasha told me something and — I'm so scared. I'm scared for her and I'm scared that I'm not enough, Hank. I'm just an android. She deserves so much more than that."

"I'm gonna stop you right there, son." Hank patted Connor on the shoulder. "That girl loves you with all her heart. She's never seen you as just an Android and you know that. If she told you something important, you should've been there for her but instead you've been pulling away..."

Connor frowned, "I don't— I can't lose her, Hank. Gavin was with her last night and—"

"Wait, What?!"

Connor blinked a few times. "Gavin stayed with her last night. I'm aware that nothing happened between them, but... he was there for her when I wasn't."

"We both know Gavin has a thing for Tasha," Hank said after a moment, "And I'm not saying Tasha has a thing for him, but if you keep pushing her away, I wouldn't be surprised if she starts feeling things for him again." Hank sighed. "You're in deep shit, Connor." Hank shook his head. "You better figure out how to make it up to her."

•••

As soon as Tasha got to work she was greeted by Gavin, who walked with her to her desk, a smile on his face. He could see how conflicted she looked, and sighed.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Tasha shook her head. "Nah, I'm good. But... thank you for last night."

Gavin's cheeks turned the slightest shade of pink, even though he tried to hide it. "You don't have to thank me. Anytime you need anything, I'm here."

"You know, I didn't think you actually changed. I thought that it was just an act."

"And now?"

Tasha smiled up at him, but it faded when she saw Connor walk into the building with Hank trailing behind. Gavin noticed how she tensed up, so he stayed by her side as Connor approached them.

"Tasha, may I—"

"No."

"But I—"

"No."

As much as Tasha didn't want to make a scene in front of her coworkers, she had enough of Connor's bipolar bullshit

"Tasha, please—"

"She said no, Connor." Gavin interjected, stranding protectively by her side. "Why don't you fuck off and bother someone else? Tasha will talk to you when she feels like it."

Connor glared at him, "Fuck you, Gavin."

Connor's words took Tasha aback as she raised her eyebrows at him. She was impressed in a way. His eyes softened when he saw Tasha looking at him.

"I'm sorry, Tasha. I... I haven't been there for you when I should have been and—"

"That's the biggest fucking understatement of the year." Gavin scoffed, "You're an asshole, Connor. I've seen how you've been ignoring her. Tasha doesn't deserve that, especially coming from you."

Tasha's eyes drifted to the floor as she felt tears in them. She didn't want to fight with Connor. She just wanted to have things go back to how they were before.

But things could never be the way they were before.

"I can't do this." Tasha stood from her desk, pushing past the duo.

"Tasha, what—"

"I need a break from all of this

"I need a break from all of this." Tasha had tears in her eyes as she averted her gaze. As Connor reached for her she pulled away. "That includes you, Connor. You have to realize your actions have consequences. I love you more than anything but right now, I need to be alone."

Connor went to reach for her again, but he stopped himself. She was right, he needed to deal with the consequences of his actions. He watched as Gavin ran after Tasha, and he felt his heart drop when he saw him wrap his arm around her waist.

What have I done?

A/N: finally a new chapter!