>>Q&A>>

in the past, i've done my best to respond to every question, but the good and bad part about this book actually getting popular means that there were simply too many questions for me to answer. i've picked several questions for each category to answer, and i'm sorry that i couldn't respond to every one, but thank you everyone for submitting, and just know that i've read as many as possible if not close to all. i tried to avoid picking the same username multiple times, but there were a few exceptions.

<namjoon>

TaetaesTas: JOON, WHY ARE YOU NOT TRYING TO GET CUSTODY BACK??? YOUR KIDS NEED YOU SO BAD. LOOK AT THEM PLEASE. AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE, OKAY? WE'RE HERE WITH YOU. YOU ARE A GREAT FATHER AND YOUR KIDS NEED YOU. PLEASE DO SOMETHING.

Namjoon: Why haven't I- ... It's not that I don't want all my kids living together with me. I do. I really do. But- I guess I've lived up until this point always taking things into my own hands and ignoring the proper order of things. When I charged into the Song's house to get Jimin back? I don't regret doing it. I'm glad I was able to save Jimin. But what I did- just charging ahead, ignoring the right way of doing it - I put everyone in danger. Not just me. My kids, too. Tae could have been shot. They could have taken Jimin somewhere I'd never find him. I could have been arrested, and then where would that get my kids? I guess what I'm trying to say is that my irresponsibility could cause problems or even endanger my children, and I'm willing to put up with almost anything - separation, even - to make sure that they're safe.

cyutip: I've seemed to notice that all your kids are starting to call you by your real name, and not "dad" or "father". Why are they doing that, and do you know about this?

Namjoon: That's...No, I didn't really know about it...But I guess when we spend so much time apart...It's hard to remind them that I'm their dad when I can't be a father for them. I can't really blame them, but I wish that we could keep our relationship the same as it's always been. That's impossible to hope for, I mean, with everything that's happened, everything that's changed, but...I'll never get tired of being called Dad, and I hope I always live in a manner deserving of the title.

Wolfus: Shouldn't you be more involved in your children's lives? (Btw I love you baby)

Namjoon: ...That's...another hard question...it's not that I don't want to be, it's just that...well, for one, they don't seem to depend on me as much. Their mom takes them to school, and if they're in clubs, she brings them home. She feeds them. Takes care of them. I cherish the time we have together, but when we're apart, it doesn't seem to really affect them. They're not toddlers anymore. I have to trust my kids that, if they ever need me, they know that I'm just a call away. ...I haven't gotten a call yet, but...as long as they know I'm ready for it...

doughnutunicornzzz: Namjoon can you cook?

Namjoon: Hang on a sec, let me check with Lisa- she said no. Actually, she's quarantined the kitchen so I can't get in and burn anything;;;

HiOrLikeHey: Can you go into more detail about what your life was like during the 5 years Jimin was missing?

Namjoon: Honestly, I don't remember a lot from that time. It was like I was living in a haze...I know I must have gotten up, taken the kids to school, gone to my job, all of that - but it was like living on autopilot. It was an exhausting combination of living lifelessly and living in an absolute panic of desperation, thinking every new lead was the one...I'm so thankful that we found Jimin, because I think if I would have lived like that for much longer, I wouldn't have been able to come out of that fugue state.