xxxi.

"Namjoon, can you take this and put it with the others?" PD-nim said, handing a box to Namjoon, who took it in his arms and stacked it on top of several others of the same size. "Namjoon, are you okay? You don't look so good..."

Namjoon nodded, massaging his forehead with his index finger and thumb. "Just have a little cold. Nothing I can't handle."

"Are you getting enough rest?" PD-nim asked, ever the concerned boss.

Namjoon sighed, thinking back to earlier in the day where he'd forgotten his kids at school. "Only at the wrong times."

PD-nim gave him a sympathetic smile. "You should take a day off soon. You haven't used any of yours yet."

Namjoon just shook his head. "Who else is going to bring home a check?"

Mark smacked him lightly on the back. "You need to take it easy, you're going to wear yourself out. And then who's going to take care of the kids?"

Namjoon sighed. "Thanks for the reminder Mark but please don't stress me out right now."

Mark just raised his hands defensively. "Right, you need space to be cranky. Got it," he spoke in English.

"I speak English too you idiot," Namjoon snapped, grumpy from the combination of not sleeping enough and accidentally abandoning his children.

Mark cringed. "Frick, I forgot. Sorry, sorry...I'll just give you some space," he said, taking a box and carrying it to the back of the warehouse.

Namjoon sighed, massaging his forehead. He hadn't meant to snap at Mark, but he hadn't meant to forget his kids or catch their cold either. It was just one of those days.

"Hi," came a soft voice, and Namjoon turned to see a somewhat unfamiliar guy addressing him. Namjoon squinted as his name tag.

"Oh my gosh, you're the guy who picked up my kids. Thank you so much," Namjoon uttered profusely. "I didn't get the opportunity to thank you yesterday."

"It's fine," Shownu said, smiling slightly. "It was no bother. Although I have to apologize since I didn't legally have enough seats for everyone, but I didn't want to leave some of your kids behind."

Namjoon smiled, relieved. "That's fine. Thank you so much. I forgot to set my alarm and I fell asleep and-" He sighed. "Anyway, thanks. But don't you normally work the day shift? Why are you here tonight?"

"On the days when I pick up Hoseok - well, now he wants to be called Wonho - and my other son Kihyun from school, I usually switch to the later shift. Normally, their mom picks them up."

Namjoon nodded, trying to pretend like the word mom didn't make him tense up. "Whatever works, I guess."

Shownu nodded. "Anyway, I'm glad I could help."

Namjoon shook his head. "Thanks again. Let me know if you ever need anything."

Shownu smiled politely before getting back to business, unloading boxes and moving equipment.

"Seriously, Namjoon. Don't worry about your paycheck. Just go home for tonight. Be with your family," PD-nim said after Namjoon sneezed twice in succession.

"I don't-"

"Do it. It's a paid leave of absence. I'm telling you to go home."

Namjoon sighed, wanting to protest, but when he thought of his little kids all tucked in bed and sleeping, he caved. "All right, fine. I'll leave. But you don't have to pay me."

"Stop protesting and just do it," PD-nim insisted, forcing Namjoon to laugh (which led to coughing) before he got into his car and drove back home.