xxv.

"We should all go as something together!"

"No! We all need to have different costumes!"

"No! Together!"

"Different!"

"Daddy?"

Namjoon sighed, looking up from the paperwork that he'd been filling out - correction, trying to fill out - for the past twenty minutes. "Yes, Tae?"

"You have to decide for us!"

Namjoon blinked. "What was the question?"

Tae pouted. "Daddy, you said that you were listening!"

Namjoon winced. "I was, I just...just tell me again, okay?"

Tae hmph'ed but went on. "Jin wants us all to get costumes in a theme, but I want to get different costumes so we can all be what we want to be. So you have to pick because we can't decide."

Namjoon thought about it. "Well...what are the theme options?"

Jin smiled. "Snow White and the seven dwarfs."

Namjoon paused. "That's it?"

Jin nodded, smiling.

"Um...but there are only six of you."

"Well, we can be the six dwarfs," Jin amended, but Namjoon was still skeptical.

"Then what about Snow White? Isn't she kind of important?"

Jin's smile grew wider. "She is! That's why I'm letting you be Snow White, Daddy!"

Namjoon just stared. "Um, no."

"Please, Daddy? Please please please?"

"I love you but not that much."

Jin frowned. "Fine, then. We'll just make Tae be Snow White since he doesn't want to do it anyway."

"I'm not being Snow White!" Tae yelled. "That's stupid! I'm not going to be a girl!"

Jin crossed his arms. "Well someone has to be Snow White or else we'll just look like a group of midgets."

"Too bad. Not happening," Tae said firmly, putting his hands on his hips and jutting out his bottom lip. "Never ever ever."

Namjoon sighed. "I'm sorry, Jin, but I'm with Tae on this one. If he doesn't want to go as Snow White, you guys should all pick your own costumes. You can still go as a dwarf if you want, okay?"

Jin pouted. "No, I'll look stupid being a dwarf by myself. And besides, I only wanted to do Snow White and the sev- six dwarfs because I thought Yoongi would make a good Grumpy. Or Sleepy. He could be two in one so we'd still have all seven," Jin mumbled.

Yoongi just shrugged. "I should be angry but it's true, so..."

Namjoon just shook his head. "I'm going to drive us to the store so you can all pick out costumes, okay? So think of what you all want to be on the way there."

I hope this is fast...he thought, grabbing his car keys. Because I don't want to be stuck in the store for three hours while Jin tries to decide whether he wants to be Black-Eyed Susan or Queen Anne's Lace.

***

"No, I called that one!"

"Well, you didn't grab it!"

"I was going to! Your arms are just longer than mine! It's not fair!"

"Well, too bad! I had it first!"

Namjoon sighed. "You guys can both be the same-"

"NO!"

He sighed again. "Right, right. Of course it's impossible."

So much for fast.

"Daddy, can you help me try this on?" Jimin asked, holding up a mask, and his jacket slipped off his left shoulder.

"Sure, sweetie." Namjoon helped slip the mask over Jimin's face and stared at the result.

Jimin's sweet face had been hidden by an ugly mask that looked like someone's face was melting like candle wax. Fake blood streamed downward from the empty eye sockets and painted the lips in a grotesque smile.

"Well? How does it look, Daddy?" Jimin asked, restless. "Is it scary? I want to look scary. Do I look scary?"

Namjoon hesitated before taking the mask off and fixing Jimin's jacket so it hung back on his shoulder. "Um, let's try to find something else, okay?"

Jimin frowned but nodded, wandering off as Namjoon quickly put the mask back. He knew that Jimin probably wanted to look scary to seem tough to his brothers, but the idea of a scary Jimin was just intrinsically wrong to Namjoon, who could only ever see Jimin as the cinnamon roll that he was.

But more than that, he just wanted all of his kids to look adorable.

***

"All right, now you all have to try them on for me so I can see how they look, okay?" Namjoon said once they'd gotten home.

They all nodded eagerly and ran off to change.

Two minutes later, Namjoon was staring at an interesting lineup.

Jin, dressed as - surprise surprise - a flower.

Yoongi, dressed as a turtle.

Hobi, dressed as a horse.

Jimin, dressed as an angel, although he looked reluctant.

Taehyung, unsurprisingly dressed as an alien.

And Jungkook, who had pulled his hair down as far as it would go in front of his eyes.

Namjoon frowned. "What are you supposed to be?"

"I'm Justin Bieber," Jungkook said.

"Who?"

"He's a singer."

"...I..." Namjoon just sighed, shaking his head as he turned to look at Yoongi and Hobi. "And you two-"

"Don't say anything," Yoongi immediately interrupted, and Hobi grinned.

"We made a deal," Hobi said, laughing. "I got to choose Yoongi's, and he got to choose mine."

Yoongi scowled. "I'd rather be a dwarf."

"Maybe next year," Namjoon said, smiling. He had to admit - Turtle Yoongi was kind of adorable.

"Daddy?" Jin asked, and Namjoon directed his attention to his flower child.

"Yes, Jin?"

"What are you going to be?"

"Um, what?"

trick or treating next chapter, where namjoon's costume will be revealed :)