cxv.

warning: explicit language

The weekend passed quickly and quietly. Namjoon drove the boys back to their mom's house, and they were silent the whole way, most due to Yoongi's influence,

Namjoon had known that they would be upset, but he didn't know that they'd got to the lengths of shunning him. It made him unbearably sad, but he kept silent as well.

When he pulled up in the driveway, Yoongi and the others got of out the car, used to the routine, and Namjoon sighed before following a second later.

Before Yoongi could even knock, the door opened, and their mom smiled at them. "'Hi-"

"Hi, Mom," Yoongi bit out sharply, solely for the purpose of hurting Namjoon.

He sensed Namjoon flinched behind him, and Yoongi knew he'd been successful, but he didn't feel happy. Frustrated, he went into the house, breezing past his confused mother, and Hobi paused before following.

Jimin turned as if to say goodbye but a muffled command from Yoongi had Jimin turning back away, and he disappeared inside.

As soon as they out of his sight, Namjoon let his forced smile drop.

"Hi," hi ex-wife said uncomfortably.

And that's when Lisa joined Namjoon. "Sorry, I dropped something in the car," she said to Namjoon, shaking her head of of irritation. "Aw, did Yoongi and the others already leave? I wanted a hug goodbye."

Namjoon's ex-wife stared at Lisa. By some strange twist of fate, the two had never come face-to-face. Lisa usually worked Friday nights, and she usually didn't come over until after the exchange had been made.

Which meant this was their first time meeting each other.

Which meant this was Lisa's first time seeing the woman she'd replaced.

Which meant this was Namjoon's ex-wife's first time seeing the woman who had replaced her.

"Hi, I'm Lisa," Lisa introduced straightforwardly, holding out a hand, and the woman hesitated before taking it and shaking lightly.

"I'm-"

The boisterous yelling of children saved Namjoon's ex from having to introduce herself.

I'm the kids' mother?

I'm Namjoon's ex-wife?

I'm the one who left?

"Dad!" Kookie yelled, running up to the door with Tae trailing half a step behind and Jin pulling up the rear.

Lisa coughed pointedly, and Kookie gave a guilty grin before batting his eyelashes at her. "Lisa!" he exclaimed with exaggerated enthusiasm.

Tae pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Father, Lisa," he said in a deep voice, and Lisa's head shot back as she stared at him.

"Well, that's new," she mumbled, caught off guard.

Kookie grinned. "He's trying really hard right now. You should have heard him cracking all weekend-"

Tae elbowed Kookie just under the rib cage, and he shut up with a soft "oof."

"All right, are we all ready to go?" Lisa asked, ruffling Tae's hair, a habit she couldn't stop because it was so damn soft and fluffy, and Kookie nodded, Jin following them out to the car.

Namjoon's ex-wife watched from the doorway as they got in and left.

Her children didn't say bye to her.