cxvii.

incoming call from yoongles

Taehyung laughed before swiping to take the call, standing up and walking to a private room.

"Hurry up!" Kookie shouted. "It's your turn!"

Taehyung yelled back an "OKAY" before holding the phone up to his ear. "Hey, Yoongi-hyung. What's up?"

There was a muffled sound on the other end that either sounded like sniffling or laughter, and Tae laughed.

"Hyung, when you laugh, it sounds like you're crying," he teased. "Anyway, why'd you call?"

"It's Jimin," Yoongi said, his voice rough, and Tae blinked, sitting down, his back straight. "Tae, I need you to come here, right now."

"Yoongi, are you crying?"

"I mean it, Tae. Right now. I can't- I can't fix him. He needs you, okay?" Yoongi went on, ignoring Tae's question, which was an answer in itself.

"I..." Tae shook his head, snapping himself out of it. "Dad isn't home right now, but...I'll try to get Lisa to drive me. Or I'll bike over. Okay? Wait for me, hyung. I'll be there. I promise." Tae hung up and grabbed his jacket while dialing Lisa's number.

"Hello?"

"Lisa?"

"Tae, sweetie? What's up?"

"I need you to drive me somewhere."

Lisa's snort could be heard from the other end. "What am I, your private chauff-"

"It's an emergency, Lisa," Tae said, his heart beating irregularly fast even though he didn't know what was happening. Just that something was wrong, and it involved Jimin.

There was a beat of silence before he heard her voice. "All right. I need to sort one thing out at the station really quickly, and then I'll swing by your house, okay? Be there in 10."

She hung up, and Tae waited next to the door until her car appeared. Then he ran out and jumped in the passenger seat.

Kookie, heading the door slam, stuck his head out the bedroom door. "Tae? It's your turn...Tae?"

***

"Call me when you want me to pick you up," Lisa said, concerned as Tae just nodded and got out of the car and walked up to the door. He hadn't said a word for the entire ride which, for Tae, was a miracle.

She watched as he pulled out his phone and messaged someone before waiting for the reply and going around the house.

She sighed and put the car in drive.

I don't know what's wrong, but I hope they're all okay.

***

bubbletae

hyung i'm here

yoongles

go around to the side

there's a window

i opened it

we'll pull you in