eight • i want a divorce

Third Person Point of View.

Sleeping peacefully in her queen size-bed, Y/N was soon woken up by the ringing of her cell phone.

"Hello," she groggily spoke after grabbing it from the nightstand. She was already waiting for them to come up with a sorry excuse for why they called her in the middle of the night so she could tell them off and go back to sleep.

"Am I speaking to Mrs. Beckham?" A strange voice asked, causing the now alert Y/N to sit up from her sleeping position.

"Yes, this is she."

"I'm calling for Cooper Green Hospital in regards to your husband Mr. Beckham," the male paused before continuing. "And I just wanted to let you know that he's been in a serious car accident."

"Is he okay?!" Y/N shouted, already getting out of the bed to put on a jacket to combat the chilly night.

"Fortunately he was a success during the surgery and  is now recovering in a private room."

"Thank you," Y/N's voice slightly trembled as she slipped on some shoes and grabbed her car keys. "I'm on my way right now."

Hanging up from the call, Y/N ran to her car, feeling the sudden guilt of calling him out at his job early on today. Maybe he was in this predicament because of her, she thought, and that automatically scared her.

Even if their relationship was a little rocky and they made each other mad sometimes, she still had feelings for him rather she would like to admit or not.

_________________

Arriving at the hospital in record time, Y/N ran towards the front desk with tears falling from her bare face.

"Excuse me," she hurriedly said, getting the attention of the receptionist. "I'm here to see Odell Beckham Jr. I got a phone call saying that he's been in an accident and is in a recovery room."

"What relation are you to the patient?" She looked up from the computer screen with dull eyes.

"I'm his wife," Y/N flashed her the wedding ring that she sometimes still wore.

"I see," the receptionist nodded her head before typing on the keyboard again. "He's in room 1138."

"Thank you so much," Y/N wiped her face from the wetness she created before finding a nearby elevator and going up to the room where they held him in.

"Let Jesus be with me," she mumbled mostly to herself when she found the room that was labeled the number that was given to her.

Opening the heavy door after having a pep talk with herself, Y/N soon stopped in her tracks when she saw something that she would never think she would see in her lifetime.

In front of her was a heavily pregnant woman kissing Odell, her husband, on the lips, not realizing that they had a visitor.

Clearing her throat to get their attention, they turned towards her with an unreadable expression on their faces.

"What are you doing here?" Odell bitterly asked as he stared at the once love of his life.

"The hospital called me telling me that you've been in a bad accident," she whispered sincerely. "And I wanted to make sure that you were okay."

"And why do you want to know why my man is okay?" The other woman sneered, bringing her small hands towards her round belly.

"Because I'm his fucking wife," Y/N wanted to say, but Odell shook his bandaged head at her and trailed his eyes over to the woman beside him.

"You don't have to worry about her Lanesha. She's just the ex-wife I told you about."

"Mhmm," Lanesha rolled her eyes in pure disgust. "I heard about you."

Feeling the sudden urge to yank the bitch's hair, Y/N snaked her arms around her disheveled body. "I'm just tired of y'all honestly, so I'm going do you all a favor and leave. Just know Odell, I came to see if you were okay."

Turning around to disappear, Odell stopped her with a sudden weak voice. "I didn't mean for you to find out like this."

Y/N chuckled bitterly at his words, feeling a lump in her throat.

"But you painted me out to be the bad guy when you had a whole family on the side. Nigga bye," Y/N rolled her eyes while throwing the ring she had on her finger at him, causing Lanesha to look at it dumbfounded.

"You still married to her?" The Hoe yelled at the man laying on the bed, causing him to groan.

"You did this to yourself," Y/N shrugged before leaving this time with nothing else to say.

She was done with his selfish ass now.

__________________