twenty-three - mute

Odell's Point of View

"Have you seen the new girl," Michael commented as I took a seat at our usual lunch table with a tray piled up with food in hand. "She's fine as hell."

"I second that," I agreed, trailing my eyes through the cafeteria, trying to find the girl from earlier.

We sat by the windows to have a good scenery of what we were missing out on and also have a good seat by the doors when the bell rings signaling us that our lunch period was sadly over.

Trey took out his phone before speaking. "Y'all know she doesn't talk right?"

"I don't care really. I was just wondering if you were going to hit it or not," Michael said to Trey who in response gave him a sluggish shrug.

"I mean yeah," Trey grinned wickedly. "Maybe I could get her to talk then."

Snapping out of my search for the brown-eyed beauty, I gave both of my long time friends a stare down.

"What?" They both said in unison.

"You're not hitting shit," I glared at Trey and then finished my glare at Micheal. "And you need to shut the hell up."

Both held up their hands in surrender as I took a bite of my hamburger in satisfaction.

Hell would have to freeze over before I let those two knuckleheads talk to the girl I still didn't even know for myself.

She was mine. I saw her first.

While they talked about the football game this upcoming Friday, I chewed on my french fries as I started my search for the girl once again.

I could care less about a game I knew we were going to win at the end of the night.

We were undefeated and our opponents for this week had a losing record against us.

Stopping my own brown eyes at the lunch line, I finally found what I was looking for since the first period.

She stood in all of her glory in the back of the long line, waiting for her turn to get a tray.

Licking my lips, she was fine as hell.

Getting up from my seat without explaining myself, I made my way toward where she stood.

Standing behind her, I poked her on the shoulder to get her attention.

Turning around to face me, she frowned in concern.

Raising one of her eyebrows, I guess she was wondering why I was taking up her precious time.

Letting a smile form at my lips, this was now and later for this girl.

"I was wondering if you wanted to sit with my friends and I today?"

Putting my hands into my jeans front pockets, we moved up with not one of us saying a word or giving up a facial expression.

Stopping, she turned back to me once again, now pulling a black sharpie out from one of her back pockets.

Taking the lid off the marker, she wrote a few words on her forearm before showing it to me.

Is it okay with your friends?

Smiling, I gave up her nod before she added something else under the question.

Reading it, she was just too sweet.

After she thanked me for the hospitality, I gave her the directions to where we sat. "You're okay. I'll just go and wait for you over there."

She looked over my shoulder with a bite of her lip before nodding her head.

"Alright, I'll see you in a few," I spoke to her before turning on my heels and headed to my now grinning friends.

__________

So what's your name," I asked her once she got situated at our table. "I never got it."

Taking the sharpie back out, she wrote something on her other forearm before turning it towards it.

"Y/n," I said mostly to myself to remember it. "Pretty name for a pretty girl."

Smiling at my compliment, she started eating, leaving me to introduce this beauty to my friends.

"Y/n this is Michael," I said, pointing to a light skinned version of Kanye West. (Don't judge me for this. I didn't know what else to say right here).

She gave him a small smile and waved.

"And this is Trey," I nodded over to the annoying ass boy with the dreads on the other side of the table.

She waved at him too.

"So, would you like to go with me to the carnival this weekend?" Trey asked her with a wink.

"No, she will not go on the date with you. She already has plans with me this Saturday," I answered for her, kicking Trey under the table to calm his dumb ass down.

Turning my head to the direction where I felt my shoulders being touched, y/n gave me a confused look.

"I need your number to text you the details of our date later," I winked at her.

Putting her hands on her face in embarrassment, this girl right here was going to be the death of me.

Wanting to see that beautiful face of hers, I pulled her hands down to her thighs."Don't feel embarrass baby."

"Awwww," Michael and Trey gushed with their hands placed on their hearts.

Rolling my eyes at their gestures, they were being some bitches right now. "Shut the hell up."

Turning my attention back to y/n, I was not going to let her slip out of fingers if I could help it.