nineteen • have you ever

your point of view.

It has been two years since Odell and I've broken up and to tell you the truth these past few years were the hardest years of my life.

He moved out of the house, leaving me here to gather my thoughts, and to take care of our young child.

Two weeks after my relationship with Odell was over, I began to have the feeling of vomiting  every single day.

Buying a pregnancy test from the Walgreen's down the street, I was nervous as heck to take it.

Trembling as I waste my content on the white stick, I couldn't believe I was doing this.

Grabbing a bottled of water from the kitchen, I've waited for a few minutes before going back into the bathroom to check on my fate.

When I saw the red plus sign blinking, I knew I was in for an adventure.

At first, I was scared to tell Odell that he was going to be a father soon, but after growing enough courage to do so a month later, I finally did it by calling him.

On that cold day, he was in Denver, getting ready to play the Broncos when he finally picked up on the fourth ring.

When he found out about our current situation, at first, he was shocked, but by the end of the call he was as happy as a cat on a fish truck.

I was a little scared to tell you the truth, but I knew that he wasn't the person that wouldn't claim his child.

Odell was a lot of things, but a deadbeat dad wasn't one of them.

Walking into my daughter's room with her in my arms, I put her into her crib for her afternoon nap.

Taking a seat in the rocking chair by the large window, I couldn't get over the fact that I had a child and she was a product of her father and me.

I smiled as she made her little noises, making me want to grab her and not let her go.

We named her Nyla and she was born on October 22, 2018.

She received her looks from me and her personality from her dad.

She loved to dance and was never camera shy.

Laying back in the chair, my phone begin to vibrate in my back pocket.

Wondering who would call me at this time of day, I took it out with a crease in my forehead.

Seeing the caller ID, I rolled my eyes before answering it.

"What Odell?"

"I can't even get a 'hello' from you?" He asked with a deep chuckle from the other end of the line.

Closing my eyes at the sound of his voice, it was like music to my ears.

"Hey," was all I said before it became silent between the two of us.

"How is my baby girl doing?" I heard him ask, breaking the ice as always when we talked to each other.

"She's doing fine," I quietly spoke, knowing she was now asleep by the snores she was making.

"I was talking about you," he whispered after a pause.

Sighing, he lost me when he slept with Zendaya.

"Don't call me that."

"Y/n, I'm so sorry that I did this to you. I swear I'll keep trying to get you back in my arms until the day I die," he promised.

"I know," I said tiredly, "but I'm not ready to get back in a relationship with you Odell. I don't think I'll ever get past it."

"Like I said before, I made a terrible mistake by sleeping with her. I wasn't thinking thoroughly and I regretted it every since it happened. Hopefully one day you'll love me like I love you again," he said hopefully.

I couldn't say anything. I was torn. I was tongue-tied.

"Kiss my little girl for me and I'll call you before you go to bed?" He asked, knowing this phone call was about to end.

"I will," I said hanging up before he could say I love you.

Sitting my phone on my lap, I didn't know what to do.

My mind was telling me to do one thing and my heart was telling me to do the other.