seven • i want a divorce

A Few Days Later

"Mrs. Beckham," the receptionist looked up from her computer and at Y/N with an unreadable expression. "I was told not to let you pass this desk per Mr. Beckham's request."

"Oh really?" Y/N cocked her head to the side while pointing to a large cake that she had delivered personally to his office. "Because today is his birthday and I want to give him this special gift."

"Oh?" the receptionist stood up from her chair and took a good look at the dessert she was talking about. "I didn't know today was his birthday."

"That's why he probably told you not to let me in," Y/N chuckled as she was proud of her acting skills. "Can I just go up now?"

"Of course you can! Let me inform him that you're here," she tried to pick up the phone but was immediately stopped by Y/N.

"I want to see the surprise on his face when he sees me," Y/N genuinely smiled, knowing that wasn't a lie.

"That's right," the receptionist gave the visitor's tag to the cheerful woman before clasping her hands together. "I hope you are successful in your conquest."

Giving an automatic thanks, Y/N told the delivery man that was rolling the cake to follow her up the elevator.

"Are you sure he's going to like this specific cake?" the delivery man looked down at his clipboard and then at the woman in front of him.

"I don't care if he likes it or not," Y/N pushed the middle button that directed them to her husband's floor before brushing the imaginary lent off her blazer.

Not thinking that he had the right delivery, the man tried once again but was soon interrupted by the ding of the elevator.

"It's show time," Y/N pulled the radio player to her body and watched as the whole floor turned their attention to the two unknown individuals.

Ignoring the stares that were sent her way, Y/N motioned for the delivery man to follow her towards the space that was occupied by Odell.

Stopping at her destination and folding her arms over her chest, she watched him type away at his computer, having the sudden urge to slap the shit of him. But with something else in mind, she was going to wait on that.

Feeling someone standing behind him, Odell swirled his chair around, completely surprised at who was standing in front of him.

"Why are you here?" he quickly got up from his seat to pull his estranged wife closer to him. "I told them to not let you in."

Knowing the personality she possessed, she had something up her sleeve, and he didn't want his co-workers to know his business.

"Can't your wife surprise you at your job when it's your birthday?" Y/N looked up at him with a dumbfounded look.

"You know today is not my birthday," he gritted his teeth, not really in the mood to hear her bullshit today. "So why are you here?"

"Let go of me," she yanked her arms away from his grasp before turning around to the people that had their eyes glued on the couple.

"Everyone?" Y/N yelled as she had a smile planted on her lips. "Today is my husband's birthday, and I want to celebrate it with this cake."

Trailing his eyes towards the cake that was now in front of him, he couldn't help, but feel the embarrassment she was creating.

"On the count of three, we're going to sing happy birthday," she clapped her hands happily before starting the count.

"One, two, three," Y/N raised her arms before the whole room started to sing the song that Odell was going to have bad connections towards for the rest of his life.

Silently looking around the room as his co-workers sang with smiles on their faces, they didn't know that this was all an act.

"Happy birthday dear Odell, happy birthday to you," they finished loudly, not expecting a Drag Queen to pop out of the cake and dance to Its Raining Man.

Hearing the sudden gasps and the horror looks on everyone's face, no one, but Y/N thrived on the performance, and she showed it by throwing glitter into the air.

"What the fuck is this?" Odell grabbed the radio player from her hands and threw it on the floor, causing the music to stop playing and the queen to stop dancing.

Frowning at the destroyed electronic, Y/N shrugged. "This what bitches deserve so here's your present, bitch."

"I'm so done with your stupid ass," Odell grabbed his things from his desk and stormed out of the room with Y/N trailing behind.

Not caring that this was going to be the new gossip around the office for a while, Odell wanted to get away from this place as soon as possible.

"You did this to yourself!" Y/N yelled at him as he tried to walk faster towards the elevator. "If you wouldn't act like a bitch and act like a real man, you wouldn't be in this predicament."

"I'll just see you in court," Odell turned around as the elevator door open. "And don't be surprised when I take everything that belongs to you," he finished as he stepped inside, not wanting to deal with this shit anymore.

"We'll see about that," Y/N nodded her head as the door close, and he was now on his way to his car.

Starring at the steel door as silence overcame her, Y/N wasn't ready for what was in store for her in the next few hours - especially not a car accident and a critically injured Odell.

_____________