twenty one - breathe again

Slut. Bitch. Dumb. Trash

Those short letter words marked with sharpies on my locker had me foaming at the mouth.

Did they not understand that I wasn't looking for any trouble?

I mostly was a free spirited person, but what do you expect when you go to a school filled with a bunch of morons.

You would think they'll be mature once they hit puberty, but it was as if they had gotten worse in their senior year.

Opening my vandalized locker, in exchange for my book bag, I grabbed my textbooks for my morning class.

Hearing giggles from behind, I closed my tired eyes before turning around to face my bullies.

"Love the decorations!" Kendall clapped her hands with fake enthusiasm. "Do you agree?"

Biting the inside of my cheeks, these girls at this school were just too desperate for attention.

Maybe I could have dealt with it on another day when I didn't have to ride the bus or miss breakfast, but not today.

"I think you need to get out of my face," I gritted my teeth while holding my chemistry and math books close to my chest.

Rolling her eyes, she glanced at her clones, Jordan and Louise before bringing her attention back to me.

"What did you say?"

"I think you might need a hearing aid because I said you need to back the hell up before you get what's coming to you."

"You fat ass won't do anything," she joked while looking at her long, manicured fingernails.

"I thought you'll say that," I smiled, dropping my textbooks onto the floor.

Putting my locker combination back in, she just didn't know who she was talking to.

I took the Vaseline out of my book bag, ready to whoop somebody ass. "See I have people at this school starting shit with me when I haven't done anything."

"And then you had the audacity to write on my property." I slammed my locker shut before taking my earrings off. "And for that, I'm beating your ass."

Feeling strong arms around my stomach, I was stopped short from lunging at this girl.

"Calm down beautiful," the deep voice whispered in my ear.

Breathing in and out, I was finally calmed down enough to know now who it was behind me.

"You all just need to go." He told the girls while still holding me down.

"Whatever. You better be glad Odell saved your ass," Kendall seethed while flipping her hair.

Flipping them off, I watched as they all scoffed before turning on their heels to leave.

Sighing, I pulled the arms away from my stomach and turned around.

I wasn't in need of someone protecting me. "Why did you do that?"

He looked down at me before running his hands through his hair. "She wasn't worth you getting expelled from school.

Feeling the embarrassment, I smiled at his cuteness.

The star football player was talking to me! Now this was something I could tell to my grandchildren later on in life."

"Thanks, Odell."

"No problem y/n. Since I saved you from getting suspended, could I have your number?"

All the questions he could have asked, he chose that one.

 "How blunt are you?" I cocked my head to the side in astonishment.

"Enough to get your number," he replied, his eyes showing determination.

Hearing the beat of my heart, I knew he could hear it too. I was a nervous wreck.

"S-sure," I stuttered as I typed in my phone number into his phone.

He brought his lips to my cheek, before kissing it. "I'll text you later beautiful."

Smiling from ear to ear as I watched him walk away to his next class, I could definitely say my day has gotten much better.