thirty-two - my little secret

Your Point of View.

"Do I look okay?" I yelled to Keith as I stood there, starring at myself in the mirror.

"Baby, you look beautiful as always," he answered, walking into the bathroom to stand behind me.

"What if they don't like us," I blabbered on and on as he put the necklace that was given to me by my mother around my neck.

"They'll love the both of you," he turned me around to face him after he was done."My parents have been grilling me for the longest for not introducing the both of you sooner to them. Trust me, even if they didn't like you, I wouldn't even care. This past year with you and Alexis has been the best experience I have ever faced."

Smiling, I gave him a peck on the lips.

"We have about twenty minutes before we leave for our reservations, I say we try out our new bed," he licked his lips before grinning ear to ear.

"No sir," I slapped him on the chest playfully. "I have to go and wake up Alexis."

"True that," he kissed me on the lips for the final time before going back into the room to put his shirt on.

Leaving to go to her room, I made sure to put my robe on over my dress, just in case she had a little surprise in her pull-up that I needed to clean up.

"Wake up my precious baby," I cooed at my now eighteen-month-old daughter as she laid tiredly in her mahogany crib.

Picking her up and laying her head on my chest, I walked over to her closet to pick out a dress for her to wear.

"You're going to look like a princess," I gushed at her, taking out her pink, puffy dress and white shoes from the bottom of the small storage area.

"You know y/n," Keith said from behind me as he now was leaning against the doorframe to the princess' themed room. "You are a good mother."

Looking over at him as I undress my daughter on her changing table, I smiled a genuine smile. "You're a great father figure to her also."

"I try," he grinned at my words while taking a dramatic bow.

"Whatever," I playfully rolled my eyes.

__________

At the Dinner.

"So how did you guys meet?" Keith's mother looked across the table at us as we enjoyed our dinner in a quiet restaurant.

Keith and I shared a glance before smiling.

"We were friends in middle school," I answered for the both us.

"Oh," she looked over at her husband as he played with Alexis on his lap. "I'm glad my son has found someone as decent as you."

Thanking her for the compliment, dinner with his parents was going better than I ever expected.

"She is so adorable," Keith's father spoke up after she tried to bite his hands with her two front teeth.

All of us chuckle as he pulled away from her mouth just in time.

Bringing the glass of water towards my lips as we made light conversation with one another, I felt my boyfriend's hand rubbing up my upper thigh.

Stopping his hand from going any further, I gave him a look, telling him to stop whatever he had brewing inside of that head of his and wait until we got home.

Grinning, he ignored me, taking a bite of his bake chicken, and making silly faces at my little princess.

Y/N?" a deep voice dragged out from behind us.

Slightly choking on the salad I was trying to enjoy, Keith patted me on the back softly as I turned around to face the person I didn't feel like coming in contact with while at this restaurant in the company of Keith's parents.

"Odell," I said bitterly, getting everyone's attention at the table.

"Is that my daughter?" He ignored the glare coming from me and brought his eyes toward our daughter who was now trying to grab the breadstick from the middle of the table.

Getting up from my seat, I excused myself, not wanting to cause more commotion than I already have.

"Do you want me to go with you," Keith looked at me and then at Odell with hatred overtaking his features.

"I'm okay," I kissed him on the lips before grabbing my purse. "We'll just be outside."

"Alright," he said unassured, watching until I followed my baby's daddy to the front doors of the restaurant.

______

"Who is those people?" Odell asked, bringing me to roll my eyes as the light from the moon illuminated our faces.

"What do you want," I crossed my arms, ignoring the question he just asked.

Coming closer to where I stood, he brought his calloused hand to my cheek, stroking it lightly.

"I'm sorry for leaving you and my child. I wasn't thinking back then, but I am now. I hope you could forgive me and take me back."

Pulling away from his touch, I looked him straight in the eyes. "I do forgive you Odell."

"Do you still love me?" He questioned.

Casting my eyes down to the ground, that same question he just asked was bugging me on the inside for the longest of time.

Sometime I wished that I didn't even get into this predicament in the first place.

"Please say something," he grabbed my hands and rubbed my knuckles gently.

"You're my first and I care for you deeply, but I can't go back to where we were when I'm starting a new chapter in my life with someone else. I love you, but I'm in love with Keith," I said truthfully, finally realizing what I had in front of me.

"Can I still meet my daughter?" He asked in a defeated tone.

Nodding my head, we walked back into the restaurant together to grant him his request.

Maybe we could get past our mistakes for our daughter's sake.

I thought to myself as I spotted Alexis trying to have a full conversation with Keith, making everyone in ear shot laugh at her cuteness.