twenty • crucial

Odell's Point of View. 

Today was game day and I was ready to show that dumb ass not to mention my girl's name no more.

Having Drake blasting in my ears, I warmed up in my sweatpants by catching balls on the field.

Shaking my head to the beat, I couldn't wait until tonight.

__________

(ten minutes before the game)

Waiting for the first quarter to begin, I closed my eyes as the national anthem was being sung by Jennifer Hudson.

Smiling at Autumn from where she sat cheering, I was playing for her like I did every Sunday night.

After the game began and our defense got a stop, our unit ran onto the field to put points on the board.

Going to where I needed to be, I watched as Eli signaled the play before the center snapped the ball.

Running my route, I knew I was being defended by the asshole himself so I knew I had to step up my game.

Turning back to the quarterback, I turned back just in time to catch the ball that was being thrown to me.

Hearing the cheers from the crowd, I turned around to run it for the touchdown.

Seeing Norman in front of me ready to tackle, I cut in front of him, making him fall on his butt.

I was eventually tackled by another defender, but after I gained a large chunk of yardage.

Clapping my hands hard, I got into his face after the play was called dead.

"Don't post pictures of my girl anymore. That kitty cat belongs to me and only me. If you even near her in the future, I promise to God our asses will be on the First 48 tomorrow night."

He rolled his eyes as we got back into position. "Whatever man."

Nodding my head, I went on to outplay him, giving us the edge in the end.

The final score was 34 - 21 in favor of the Giants.

Smiling while drinking my Gatorade, not only did my team get a win, I also got the girl of my dreams.