Part 39

or the one where it's a 'the hunger games' a.u. now

-----/////-----

Now that all of the members of the party, save J'onn, had arrived, it was time to bring the new arrivals fully into the fold of the little revolution. Clearly, Alex knew a lot more about what was going on than Kara or Lena did. All of the people Kara had noticed regularly milling around were seated at the large wooden table which had been moved back into the center of the lower floor of the tavern and inn. Alex and a very handsome young black man sat companionably together at the head of the table with Kara and Lena together in the place of honor by their right hand.

Kara was very nervous but accepted on behalf of herself and her charge. She had a hard time with not being in charge of her protection any longer. Alex apparently being in charge of the whole revolution somewhat set Kara's mind at ease, though that was also a terrifying thought. Her temper had been legendary throughout their childhood and Alex had started many a tussle. It was especially ferocious when in defense of Kara.

Lena gave Kara a soft smile in response to the mental spiral Kara was clearly falling down.

"Alright then, it seems as though everyone has arrived." Alex said once the table was almost three-quarters full. Kara glanced around and saw a lot of people she had met at least in passing, but very few she knew well.

"For those of you who are new to this ramshackle organization, welcome. I am Alex Danvers and this beautiful specimen of the male species is the lordling, James Olsen. The two of us are doing our best to keep our group from falling apart. As most of you know, my adoptive sister, Kara Danvers has escaped the Lutheran capital city with our future queen, Lena Luthor!" Alex's arm swept out in a dramatic gesture towards Kara and Lena.

All eyes turned to them and Kara immediately willed her body to sink through the floor and into the ground. While she knew this was what Lena was used to and what she deserved, she despised all the attention. It felt as though if one more person were to stare at her she may physically catch on fire. Lena reached over and took her hand, actually threading their fingers together as opposed to the usual knee grasp Kara would receive. Kara deeply appreciated the comforting gesture.
To her credit, Lena responded to being put on the spot like a champion. She smiled and waved, though she knew instinctively Kara would be panicking and helped her smoothly and without a blink of it showing on her face. It was the most regal Lena had seemed to Kara. Kara knew then and there the group was doing the right thing. She would fight and die to put this woman on the Lutheran throne.

No one else was as fair or as kind, the type of leader the kingdom had not seen in generations. Kara was not sure she would live to see Krypton again, but she would feel as though she had done some good so long as she helped Lena rise to her proper place.

"One day, together, we will put her on that throne, but today... we begin." the young man added. "My name is James Olsen and I have been assisting Alex with... this revolution of ours. I'm still not fond of calling our efforts a revolution though."

"Don't be such a wimp, Olsen." Alex smacked him on the back and laughed. To his credit, he suppressed his slight wince well. " Maggie and M'gann have rejoined us now. As of tonight, they will regain their rightful places on our council, when we induct Princess Lena... or should I say Queen Lena, and Kara, her right hand."

"You give me too much credit, sister." Kara scoffed.

"No, Kara, she is correct. I would never have made it this far without you by my side. I intend to have you with me for as long as it takes us to see this through." Lena corrected with a firm voice. She spoke loud enough everyone else in the room could hear, yet her gaze never broke from Kara's. The words were meant for Kara, but Lena obviously wanted to make her point clear to everyone else.

"I will... I will do all I can to provide you with the most assistance I possibly can. Wherever you need me to be, I will be. Whatever you need of me I will do. My sword is yours. My heart is yours. My life is yours." Kara replied in the same manner. She wasn't as nervous when she spoke directly to Lena, though everyone else continued to witness the heartfelt exchange.

"Oh, we will have more than enough work for your sword, Kara. Believe you me." Alex butted in her voice wicked with mischief. "Who better to train our forces than the best swordsman in all the known lands?"