Chapter Ninty-Six: The Truth is a Bitch

Start from the beginning

But there's no point thinking about any of that. She is with Connor. Tasha loves Connor.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize Tasha had an uncomfortable look on her face. How long had he been lost in his thoughts for?

"Gavin, can you please help me up?"

Gavin was quiet for a moment, having his body pressed against hers in such a way made it nearly impossible to think. But when he saw that she didn't like the situation, he knew he had pushed his luck a little too far. He sighed after a while, standing to his feet while pulling Tasha up with him.

"Thank you..." Tasha muttered, ignoring the encounter and instead grabbing the closest folder and opening it slowly.

"Yeah, yeah." Gavin leaned over her from behind. "Anything?"

"No, no— YES!" Tasha pushed all the folders away except one, which had her parents names on the front.

As she went to open the folder, Gavin grabbed her hand. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, but not here. If Fowler catches us —" Tasha sighed deeply. "You have the late shift, right?"

Gavin nodded.

"Bring the files by my place tomorrow morning okay?"

"Alright, princess."

•••

Waiting for Gavin to bring the files the next day was complete agony. Tasha got the day off, while Connor and Hank had desk work they needed to complete, which left her completely alone. Connor had insisted on staying with her, but Tasha promised as soon as she got the files she'd come to him.

When Tasha heard a knock on her door, She immediately rushed to it.

"Come on in, pal." Tasha smiled at Gavin, holding the door open for him. They hadn't spoken since they separated in the archive room, and Gavin felt guilty for pushing it too far. But when he saw Tasha smiling at him, he felt a little better that she wasn't upset with him or mad at him.

"You're awfully cheerful today." He noted, raising his eyebrows at her. Gavin noted that her face was bare of any makeup, and he could see the circles under her eyes from lack of sleep.

It was then Tasha noticed he was carrying a decent sized folder.

"This is everything I could get on your parents accident."

Tasha nodded as she reached for the folder, but before she could grab it, Gavin grabbed her hand, holding it against the folder.

"Are you still sure you want to do this?" Gavin had a reluctant expression to his face, and Tasha knew immediately he knew something.

"I have to know." Tasha replied, "I... I need to know the truth. My entire life I supressed everything and now... I just — I need to know, Gav."

Gavin let go of her hand, crossing his arms over his chest as she flipped through the pages. Her hand flew to her mouth as she got to the last page where red marker had written in large letters.

Tears came to Tasha's eyes as she closed the folder, her hand shaking against her mouth.

"Oh my god."

A/N: IM POSTING THIS TODAY TOO SINCE Y'ALL HAVE ME INSPIRED!! ALSO IM GONNA BE LIVE ON Twitch.TV/tashaplays1998 soooon so come on doooown!

Ahhhhh cliffhanger! Hope you guys enjoyed the longer chapter :3 remember to comment and give ideas because it keeps me writing

Alsoooooo for anyone not liking Gavin that's fine :) He's changed but he's still an ass if that makes sense? No one canCompletely change lol but idk I enjoy what I write

Completely change lol but idk I enjoy what I write.