80 - last party

New Americana by Halsey

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" we chant as Harvey is currently on his knee drinking beer from a funnel.

We cheer as he finishes the entire six pack of corona.

"What a fucking champ" Jack pats his best friend on the shoulder and raises his arm. We all continue to cheer him.

"Time to get wasted" he laughs and Jack joins him.

"Let's go play beer pong" Pam grabs a hold of my arm and drags me away from the crowd into another group.

There are two groups, one with red solo cups and the other with blue.

Both sides contain a neon green drink in the cups. It seems like the game is coming to an end seeing as how the blue side has only four cups left while the red has six.

"That doesn't look like beer" I tell Pam and she laughs.

"What's in the cups?" she asks one of the guys next to us.

"Whiskey sour" I hum in satisfaction. I've always loved sour puss.

"Let's play next" I tell her and she nods.

"We're up next" she says to no one in general but loud enough for the groups to hear.

"After us cause we were thinking of playing next" this buff guy says with Barry trailing behind him. He stands tall, his built making him seem bigger than what he actually is.

"And you are?" I ask.

"Gold. Cyrus Gold" the name sparks a memory. He's on the football team. I read his last name off of his jersey. I nod and he sticks his hand out. I shake it wearily.

"Harley. Harley Quinn" I say and he rubs his hands together.

"Let's verse. Girls against guys" he says with a smirk and I look at Pamela. She shrugs, "Why not, it's not like we're going to lose" she smiles and Barry chuckles.

She tucks her red hair behind her ear and I watch as she longingly stares at him as he walks over to the blue side of the solo cups.

"Still not on speaking terms?" I ask and she gives me a sad smile.

"It's for the best though. We're off to different places after graduation" I nod and rub my hand on her back. 

"Looks like you need to get wasted" she laughs and sniffles.

"Yeah, shit faced actually" the players move away from the table, both sides very drunk.

Both sides are given new drinks, filled to the brim of whiskey and green sour puss.

"Who's going first?" Barry asks and I shrug.

"I'll go first" I say and grab a ping pong ball off the table.

I toss it in the air and it lands in the first cup.

I clap my hands and watch as Cyrus raises it up to him. He holds it out, "Cheers", he tosses it back and smiles.

I give the ball to Pam and she tosses it without calculations. Of course she misses and it lands on the floor with a 'ping'.

I sigh and look ahead as Cyrus laughs.

"Bottoms up" she mumbles and grabs one of the cups. She chugs the green liquid and tosses away the cup once finished.

Cyrus raises his arm and skillfully tosses the white ball into our cup.

I grab it and drink all of its contents. Honestly i'm not even mad. It tastes good what can I say?

"Slow down there Quinn. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves" I flip him off as I set the cup down to the side.