48 - keep quiet

Paint It, Black by Ciara

"Would you like something to drink Ms..." Bruce's butler ask and I nod.

"Harley. And water, would be nice, thank you" I smile and he returns the gesture.

"After you" Bruce waves to the living room of his enormous house and I walk into the spacious area.

I sit down on the regal looking couch and he sits right across from me.

"What's it going to take for you to keep your mouth shut?" I get straight to the point.

"Lets not talk business just yet. Relax, stay a while" Bruce says to me pleadingly.

"I don't want to be here more then I have to be so please let's just cut the shit" I tell him and he holds his hands up in surrender.

"Look Harley I don't want you to hate me. And I certainly don't want you to think ill of me" he says and I shake my head.

"Honestly Bruce I don't give a rats ass about you." He chuckles and I lean back against the cushions.

"You're so snarky I love it. But seriously I just want to be the good friends we were before" a sympathetic smile greets his lips and I shake my head.

"We can't be friends again" I tell him and he scoffs.

"Why? 'Cause your boyfriend said no?"
He says tauntingly.

"No, because I say so. Bruce, I still don't think you get how severe the situation is. You tried to kill him" i tell him trying to shove the information through that thick skull of his.

"I was only trying to get him out of the way. For Christ sakes did you forget that he was trying to push you in?" He says sternly.

Yeah, that thought had slipped my mind.

"Exactly. So stop trying to make me out as the bad guy. All I was trying to do was save you. I did it for you." I comb my fingers through my hair.

"But if it helps I'm sorry. I'm sorry for interfering. I'm sorry for trying to help out a friend" he hangs his head in between his shoulders. I can feel the guilt creeping up on me and I try to push it far far away.

"It's...it's okay" I forgive him seeing as how he's not totally in fault.

"Really?" He looks up with disbelief clear in his eyes. I nod.

"It's not fair that I forgive him and not you too" I mumble feeling slightly guilty at my actions so far.

"I get it. Trust me, I do. I feel that same way about you" he whispers the last bit. At that I tilt my head in confusion like a dog would.

He stands from his seat and walks over to the fireplace. It isn't lit because the sun is just now setting.

His back is facing me and I feel obligated to get him to talk to me. So I stand from my place on the couch and walk over to him.

I place my hand on his shoulder blade and he turns his head towards me.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Nothing just forget I said anything" he mumbles. I turn his head towards me and he stares down into my eyes.

Shivers run down my spine and along my arms the minute his hand touches my waist. I swallow thickly as he leans down. His face is inches away.

"The way you feel about Jack is how I feel about you. The idea of someone harming you is enough to make me go nuts." I can feel his breath on my lips.

"Don't do this" I shake my head and look down at how close our bodies are.

"Do what? Tell you how I feel?" A pained expression sets on his face and I look away.

"Here's your water Ms. Harley–oh sorry about the interruption" I hear his butler say.

"Thank you Alfred. That'll be all" Bruce says and slip out his grasp at the distraction.

"I need to go" I tell him. "No. please don't" Bruce pleads and I shake my head.

"I can't do this." Before I have the chance to walk out of the room his hand clasps around my small wrist and he pulls me back into his chest.

His arms wrap around my hips tightly.

"Let me go" I push on his chest and he shakes his head. "Stop fighting me" he raises his hand and gently holds my face in his palm.

His lips fall onto mine and I can feel my heart nearly jump out of my chest.

I push against him harder, refusing to kiss him back but I can't help that my self control is diminishing by the second.

"Come on. Let yourself feel" he breathes against my lips and I do. I let myself feel.

I clutch the material of his shirt in my hand and grip his hair with the other.

Our lips crash against each other and the next thing I know I'm being pushed up against the wall.

"Harley" his mouth latches onto my throat and I lean back against the wall. Which is the only thing keeping me up at this point.

"Bruce" I moan as he hoists me up. My legs wrap around him and our lips are rejoined once more.

My breathing grows shallower, heavier the more our tongues fight for dominance.

My chest lifts and falls quickly along with his.

His hands grip my thighs tightly and I bite his bottom lip.

His left slides up my side roughly and cups my breasts through my shirt.

"Imagine me smothering your tits with the blood of the Blondie from last night. It was all over the place. It still is"

I falter in this kiss as the memory from two days ago resurfaces.

The same hand now wanders down and I feel his thumb press into my skin and I pull back at the sting.

"Did I hurt you?" He asks worriedly. He's breathless from our make out and I look down to see the creation on my flesh. 

I giggle and poke at the hickies. "Did you do this?" I bite my lip and he rolls his eyes.

"No, it was the Easter bunny. Of course it was me!" He says sarcastically and I shrug.

Jack.

This was made by Jack. The man that I love left his mark on me.

I look up to see Bruce looking at me confused.

What am I doing?

This isn't me. This can't be me.

"Let me down. Let me down" I say hurriedly and he places me down on the ground.

"What's wrong? Harley I'm sorry what did I-" i push past him and walk out of the room.

"I shouldn't have done that. Look Bruce I don't know what I can do for you not to talk but please just don't. Keep quiet about all of this. About what you saw at the party and what just happened. It was a mistake. I can't–I have to go" I slip my shoes back on and unlock the door.

"At least let me drop you off" Bruce asks and I shake my head.

"I just need to-to walk. I gotta clear my head. I'll see you at school tomorrow?" Before he has a chance to answer me I shut the door and walk out of his house.

I look up at the sky to see little droplets of rain beginning to fall. And just like that so do my tears begin to fall.