71 - overwhelming

Ride by Lana Del Rey

By now the sun is about to set. Only half of it is visible upon the horizon. The temperature is still hot with a warm breeze blowing by.

My hands are occupied with my phone in my left hand and my slides in my right hand.

It's been about fifteen minutes since I left the restaurant.

My feet walk along the wet sand. The waves aren't as high anymore so the sound that they make as they crack upon the sound is a calming sound.

I watch a couple quite a few feet away from me taking pictures of the sunset.

The water rose up and washed over my feet, wetting the ends of my dress. I look down as I watch as my feet sink into the wet white sand.

I feel a hand lay on my shoulder and I turn around expecting it to be Pam or Selina.

"Bruce.." I look up at him and he wears a small smile on his lips.

"You ran off on us yesterday" my cheeks heat up at the comment. I hoped that he completely forgot about what could've–would've been a threesome.

I nod and turn around. If i could disappear this would be the perfect time.

"How have you been" he continues to walk next to me and I shrug my shoulders.

"I've been alright how about you?" I ask him looking towards the ocean. A few seagulls fly down towards the ocean.

"Excellent actually" he says and I smile.

"Where have you been?" I ask looking at him now.

"Travelling" he says and I nod.

"For like three months?" I chuckle and he nods.

"I've been doing homeschooling in different countries" now this makes me laugh.

"What do you mean different countries? Isn't the entire point of homeschooling to stay home and study at the same time?" he smiles and laughs.

"Yeah I mean Alfred has been teaching me, I used to be homeschooled for most of my childhood" he tells me and my eyes widen.

"No shit" i hit him in the arm. He laughs and grabs my hand.

"Yeah I just decided that I should get the real high school experience and enrolled.....but, things change" he shrugs and by this time we've stopped walking. The sun has disappeared below the horizon and the sky has gotten darker.

"I'm sorry" he says with my hands in his.

"For?" I ask and he breeze blows by, goosebumps arise on my skin.

"How we left things before I left" the memory of us kissing in his living room flashes in my mind and I close my eyes. I look up to see the dark clouds looking over us.

"It's...it's fine" I say and he shakes his head.

"No not..not when we were in Gotham. You know thats not what i'm talking about" he says and I shake my head.

"That night was a blur. I can't even remember getting back to my hotel" i tell him and he laughs.

"But I remember you coming back to mine" his hand rises to my cheek and he pushes my hair behind my ear. He wears a damn ring smirk on his lips.

"What do you want me to say Bruce? Things are different" I look down at my sand covered feet.

"They don't have to be" I sigh and open my mouth to reply.

"Well isn't that just precious" both our heads snap to see Jack standing a few feet away.

Fuckfuckfuck.