17 - GCPD

The nightclub was swamped by police cars and forensic vans by the time the sun came up.

The news about the dead college kid didn't reach the Gotham Police Department until this morning.

The entire club was a crime scene and the two detectives working this case had there job cut out for them.

Every inch of this club had to be swiped down for DNA that could possible incriminate whoever killed the guy.

"What do you think happened here?" Detective Jones asked his partner Sanchez.

"Honestly? I couldn't tell you" she said as she crouched down to the lifeless body.

With her gloved hand she looked at his clothing that seemed to be untouched.

"He looks like a rich kid but this wasn't a robbery. He seems to have all of his belongings" she grabbed his hands, inspecting his knuckles.

"He didn't try to fight back which means the killer probably caught him by surprise" she mumbles before standing back up.

"Was he here alone?" She asked Jones and he shakes his head.

"His friend was the one who found him unfortunately. He's pretty shook up so go easy on him" Jones tells Sanchez and she scoffs.

"I need answers and I'll get them out of him one way or another" she pushes by him and Jones sighs.

As she grabs the handle of the door she notices that lock was not in the place it should be.

"Do me a favour and ask the manager who else has a key to the bathroom" Jones nods and scurries off.

The door closes behind her and she looks at the lock. The only way for someone to lock it from the outside is with a key.

She stores that information for later before walking over to the bar where a shaken up college kid sits on a bar stool.

"How are you holding up?" Sanchez asks and the guy looks up.

"I've been better" he whispers and she purses her lips.

"Look, I'm really sorry about your friend. I wish I didn't have to do this but in order to solve this case I need to ask you a few questions" the guy nodded solemnly staring into the distance.

"Alright well, did your friend have any enemies? People who would want to harm him?" Sanchez asked him and he seemed to hesitate.

"I wouldn't say enemies but definatly people weren't very fond of him. He was rather an arrogant ass but he was my best friend. His parents died three years ago and they left an enormous amount of money for him" he shrugs and Sanchez nodded.

"Was it just the two of you here?" He shakes his head.

"Nah, we came with a few buddies. To tell you the truth looking back on the night, a few things are a bit hazy. We had a lot to drink so I couldn't say where the others are right now. Maybe at home or at some girls house" he shrugs. He rubbed his temples with his fingers and she decided to give him a break.

"I'll tell you this. How about you sleep on it and I'll give you a call tomorrow when your in a better mindset?" Sanchez reasoned with him and he nodded.

"Do you have a paper I could write my number on?" He asked and she pulled out a mini notepad and pen from her back pocket.

He wrote down a few numbers before handing the pad back.

"My names Tyler Mckenzie by the way" Sanchez nodded and walked him towards the entrance.

She watched as he ran towards the sidewalk to hail a cab. The rain quickly poured down on him before she retreated back inside.

"Okay so basically the only person apart from the manager who has the key to the doors would be the bartender" obviously.

"Get me info on the person who was bar tending yesterday. Criminal records, where he was at the time of the murder. All the good stuff. I also need to schedule a meeting with them" Jones nodded.

Sanchez had a feeling about the lock on the door. Something just wasn't right.

She walked back over to the men's room and pushed open the door.

It was sticky so anyone who touched it would leave their fingerprints on it. Many people were at the club so it would be useless to dust over the door and hopefully find the prints to the criminal but it was worth a shot. The door shut behind her and she took a closer look at the lock.

It was smudged most likely by the sticky substance on the door. So someone had locked it.

She walked back outside towards the dance floor looking for her partner.

"Jones! I need forensics to look for fingerprints on the lock inside the men's bathroom" he nodded and they walked back outside where the roads were starting to clumped by traffic.

"Tell them that they can collect the body. I have no use for it anymore" Jones walked away as Sanchez watched the curious onlookers trying to figure out just what the hell was going on.

Meanwhile Sanchez began to think that she had a lot on her plate by the looks of things.