30 - suspicion

"Get ready I'm taking you out" Jack's voice flows out through the speaker on my phone.

"Where? What should I wear?" I ask him excitedly.

After the events of yesterday night I need something to wash away how much fun I had.

"Don't worry, just wear what you normally wear" he says passively and I sigh.

"Well I'm going to need a good hour to get ready" I say.

"Whatever just be ready by 8:00 pm" he hangs up right after and I throw my phone on the bed.

I walk towards my closet and look through my clothes.

I don't even know where we're going so how am I going to know if it's appropriate or not?

I grab a black long sleeve top that hangs off my shoulder from the hanger.

I walk towards my dresser and open the last drawer.

It's filled with various jeans and leggings and I grab the first one that my eyes land on.

It's a pair of black jeans with streaks of dark red up and down the legs.

I lay the items on my bed before grabbing my towel from my closet and making my way to my bathroom.

I turn the knob and set it to hot. I throw my towel in front of the bathtub and start to undress.

Once I'm finished I enter the shower and stand under the hot water.

It relaxes all my muscles as it pours down my body. My mind wanders to last night.

It was fun to say the least. But it was a different kind of fun. It was safe.

At no point in time did my heart race just from being in Bruce's presence. It didn't skip a beat when his lips touched mine.

My adrenaline didn't rush throughout my veins because it was safe.

Nothing dangerous occurred while I was with him.

I swallow loudly as I think about Jack.

He warned me about him. He said he would kill us both if I slept with him. But I didn't sleep with him. I let him kiss me. I don't know how to explain it to him or even if I should.

Don't. He won't forgive you

"He will. He will because he loves me"
I tell her but she shakes her head.

He's jealous. You know this, I know this. Just mentioning his name makes him angry. Don't tell him!

I shake my head.

"He'll forgive me, I know he will" I assure myself but it's no use.

Don't tell him. Don't tell him. Don't tell him. Don't tell him. Don't tell him.

"Stop it" I plead and clutch my ears in my hands.

Don't tell him! You'll ruin it for us. You'll ruin it like you always do.

They scream in unison and I whimper.

"Okay okay. I won't tell him. Just...go away" I say defeatedly and they stop.

I let out a breath of relief and grab the bar of soap from the corner of the shower.

After I've washed my body I shut the water off and grab my towel from the ground.

I wrap the navy fluffy fabric around my torso and step out.

I make my way back to my room and shut the door behind me.

I grab a new pair of underwear and my bra that I took off not too long ago.

I twist my hair inside my towel and walk to my bed.

My phone flashes and vibrates against my covers.

I grab it and slide it open.

"I'll be there in ten" Jack says into the phone before he hangs up.

"Fuck" I mumble to myself and slip into my jeans.

After running some deodorant onto my armpits i walk out of my room.

I twist the towel off of my hair and stare at the wet strands in the mirror.

I can't tie it yet because I run the risk of it smelling later on.

I grab my hair dryer from below the sink and plug it in.

It doesn't take too long to dry my hair thankfully.

I place it back in its place and start to style my hair.

I part my hair in two and grab half of it. I tie one part up in a high pig tail and do the other.

Lightly I shake my head as my pig tails away back and forth and smile at the half down half up do.

A loud sound that resembles a car horn comes from outside and I run into my room.

I quickly grab my shirt and place it over my head before grabbing my phone.

I rush down my stairs, nearly slipping down the steps mind you.

Haphazardly I slip on my black and white converse high tops and I'm out of the house without even tying them.

I lock the door behind me and walk down the driveway.

I sit inside the passenger seat and return to tying my shoes.

"Ready?" I finish up on the bow and sit back in the leather seat. I grab the seatbelt and click myself in.

My head turns sideways to look him in the eyes and a small smile decorated my lips. I nod a little and he looks back at the road.

He pulls out of my driveway and he drive down the street.

"Good. Because we need to talk" he tells me and I feel my heart drop.

Kill me.