84

My eyes slowly opened as I shifted a little in my sleep. I felt a tug in my waist and a nose nuzzling into my neck.

Timothée.

My heart began thumping against my chest as I couldn't look away. He was beautiful. His jaw was carved and his plump lips were open only slightly, as small breaths pumped out of them. His curls where no splayed across the pillow, longer than I could remember.

I coughed, immediately setting off a coughing fit. I sat up harshly, his arm ripping from around me. My mind wandered back to his speech, when he said that he hated to see me coughing. On that lone thought I dashed into the bathroom, continuing my coughing fit.

Almost seconds after I felt warm arms around me, pulling me to their chest. I continued, coughing and gasping for breath before eventually I spat into the sink, bloody sit falling from my mouth. I glanced at Timothée. I understood it was hard for him but he should also understand how it's hard for me too. But he didn't pull away.

Instead he pulled me further into him, small sobs escaping his lips. My eyes widened as I looked down at him. He was broken.

I wrapped my arms around him as he sobbed into my pyjama top, leaving a small wet patch in the process.

"I'm sorry, I love you Rosa. Fucking hell I love you so much." He gasped out as my heart shattered into a million pieces.

"I can't move past everything-"

"Please. You have to try. Please. I'm begging you."

I sighed, pushing him back slightly, my hands cupping his face. I looked into his eyes as they held a sorrow expression, revealing his feelings.

"I love you Timothée. So much. I have no clue why I didn't say it earlier. In a way, I'm glad I didn't. Because then it would've been a lot harder to let you go." I smiled a little. "You've got to understand that it was hard for me. Not just for you. I had lost everything that made me feel humane. Now I'm sat here with you-" I reach up, pulling off my wig. "-and I haven't changed. I'm still they girl you left at the doctors office. In fact I'm worse. I'm dying Timothée. I like disgusting and I'm dying. Even if I let you back in, how long is it going to be before you decide that you don't want me anymore? I know I shouldn't be wasting my time but I don't know if I can be with someone who I just can't put my faith into. I'm so so sorry Timothée."

He clung to me, his hands grabbing onto my top. "No! Please Rosa." He sobbed, his eyes now red as I felt my own begin to tear up. "Please. I love you. Rosa I want you to-" He stopped for a moment.

"Timmy-" I moved some curls away from his face but he shook his head.

"Rosa I can't live without you." He croaked. "You know I can't."

"But you're going to have to." I remind him, years beginning to copy Timothées.

"I can't. I don't want to. I don't want to just watch you die. I want to be there. I want to be with you." He sniffled a little, grabbing both my hands. "You said it yourself that you shouldn't be wasting your time. So I don't want to be wasting mine. I love you Rosa. I love you so much and if the only way we're going to live together forever is by this then-"

I backed away slightly. "Timothée, what are you doing?"

"-Rosa I want to ask you something. And you have to answer me honestly." He sighed. "You love me,don't you?"

"Of course I do!" Dumbfounded.

"Then-" he paused. Glancing up at me, he smiled a little. "Will you marry me?"

My heart began racing. I felt like dropping all of my previous words. But I had to stick by them. I couldn't sit let him walk all over me. But he honestly wasn't. Marriage is a very final thing. It's not something to easily escape. Surely if he wanted to walk out he wouldn't be going after me now.

I'm so stupid.

This whole time and I had been putting Timmy down. But it wasn't about the past anymore. It wasn't about wether or not he left me. Yes, to hurt. But it was in the past. I was sick of wasting the precious time I had left, obsessing over something that he's trying redeem. I smiled,directly at him, leaning into him.

"Of course I will. How could I not? I love you. And your previous mistakes may take a while to get over. But as long as you're with me then I'm okay with that."

"Really?"

"Really."

END OF ACT THREE