28

peaches
Timothée Chalamet

ROSA LAUGHED LOUDLY as Armie made a joke that had basically everyone in the restaurant on their backs. She smiled, a genuine smile, for the first time in months since she stood Timmy up. She hadn't spoken to him properly since, and was now awaiting his arrival alongside Armie and Tom who knew of the situation.

Tom smiled, placing a comforting hand on the top of her thigh, rubbing it gently. Armie carried on telling the story of how he broke his arm lifting up and kiddie table. The door opened, the bell announcing the arrival of someone new. Everyone knew who it was. Tom removed his hand.

"Hey Timmy!" Armie called over. Timothée's eyes landed in Rosa's immediately and he suddenly felt that twang in his heart he felt months prior to the girls disappearance. He knew he would still enjoy her company.

He sat opposite the girl, his eyes observing her face a little more than usual, as though he was trying to read into her mind, get to know her once again but this time with a single glance. She knew of his observations but just like that time months ago when they were together in her room, she said nothing.

Timothée stretched out his leg, his foot kicking hers. She quickly looked up at him, startled. He knew how to make her look. He wanted her to look at him. For her to feel the same things he did when he looked at her. And boy, did she feel them. Her stomach dropped, her heart began to bear faster and it seemed that she no longer held butterflies in her stomach but instead lions that were attacking her insides and she stared at the man she was attracted to.

They both knew that nothing between them had changed, and that bothered neither of them, as they both knew exactly what was to become of them. Armie picked up on the twos stares and subtle touches, smiling to himself as little did he - or anyone sat at that table on that sunny Wednesday morning - know, that he was watching the most beautiful emotion flying between the two. Watching two human beings fall in love.