73

Rosa smiled dreamily. As Tom asked her about her date with Kian.

"It was alright I guess." She shrugged. "I mean he could of tried a little bit more." She looked up at Tom. "And not stare at me like I'm just the kid with cancer."

"Oh Rosa. I understand. It's hard." Tom sent her a warm smile which she gratefully returned. "Why were you smiling so happily earlier then?"

"I have no idea you know. Nothings going right. I have cancer in my lungs, I'm dying and the one person I thought would help throughout everything has completely ditched me by leaving the city."

"Maybe it was because you're strong and you will beat this. Whatever this is. Okay? You will beat it." Tom rubbed her hand as she smiled back at him.

"I hope so. I really do hope so." She rested her head on his shoulder. "I think Elizabeth and Armie are renewing their vows."

"They split?"

"Yeah. Didn't you know? He was crying about it for two months after he told me." She looked up at Tom who shrugged. "Apparently she wants him back so he let her."

"He let her? That easily?" Tom tutted.

"If Timmy ever wanted me back he would definitely have to fight. There's no way I would let him back in with open arms. Not after everything." Rosa sighed before sitting up and turning to Tom excitedly. "I need a date and I wondering if you would be mine?"

"Of course I will!" The couple laughed before Rosa flung her arms around Tom. He hugged her back, smiling at her embrace.

When they pulled apart he bent down, kissing her lightly on the lips. Rosa was about to say something but decided that this is what she wanted. She didn't care about Timmy anymore. He made his bed, and now he had to lay in it. She'd moved on.

Tom didn't look at her like she was some sort of victim. He didn't make this whole thing out to be a massive deal. He likes her because it was her. It was Rosa. Maybe she didn't get the same feeling she got with Timmy and maybe she would never feel the same way she does about him either, but she knew for sure that this was the correct choice for her at this point in her life.

Rosa planted her lips back on his as the two made out on her sofa. He pushed her down lightly and began softly kissing her neck.

After all these years this is what Rosa wanted. She wanted someone to love her for her and if she couldn't have the person she loved then she would have the person she knew loved her.