61

peaches

      ROSA WAS HUMMING as she was packing various summer clothing items into a big black suitcase. Timmy had promised a at least a week in Italy. But she wanted to stay there forever. She sighed, zipping up the bag and sitting down on the bed, facing the mirror.

Her hair had started to grow back, it was now near enough the length it was before she lost it all. Her cheeks still looked thin but they looked better than they did before. She was officially getting better.

"You're not going to England?"

She jumped and turned around. Armie was leant in the door way, his arms folded across his chest. She shook her head, turning back away from him.

"Why? You know why you have to go."

"It's not my fault." Rosa stared at the floor. "You know it's not my fault he died. Can't you tell them that when you go?"

"No. You have to tell them the truth." Armie sighed. "You have to tell Timmy the truth."

She shook her head. "I told him everything. Just not the real reason why my mum left."

Armie smiled. "I'm glad you're opening up to him. But you seriously need to tell him. Otherwise he's going to find out when he meets your sister."

"He's never meeting my sister!" Rosa quickly whipped round, glaring at Armies suggestion.

"I get that. But he will. You know he will. She'll want to meet him." Armie sighed. "You know she will."

"I just can't. I know it's something miner but if he knew how we knew each other, I don't know."

Silence fell over the room. Armie sat down beside Rosa, taking her hand into his. "I'm so so sorry. I know my family is at blame for his death. But you need to tell him."

Rosa shook her head. "I'm not telling him that your brother is my step-uncle because my mum left my dad when he needed her the most. That I lived with them in my house and you came round almost every night. That I met Elizabeth before the whole world did. That we are related. Not through blood but though my mother's mistakes."

Armie shook his head standing up, walking towards the door. "Please. Just tell him. For me?"

He stepped out as Rosa put her head in her hands. How was she ever going to tell him?