51

peaches

"Lady bird?" Rosa went to grab Timothée's script but he lurched back, holding the script away from her. "What? What's wrong with it?"

Timothée shrugged, putting it back in his bag. "It's just a new film, nothing amazing."

Rosa rolled her eyes. "If this is because I'm not able to be acting at the moment then you can give me that script." Timothée rubbed the back of his neck. "I've told you too many times now. I literally couldn't care less. I enjoy watching you further you career. This is literally the next big film you're ever going to make and I can't even look at the script." Rosa sighed, turning away from him.

"I'm sorry, I just-" Timothée looked over at Rosa, who was just staring out the window. "You've got a lot on your plate."

"Actually the meal portions are pretty small here, so I can handle a lot more than you think pretty boy. Now hand me that script." Rosa stuck her arm out, her fingers opened and waggling in front of him. "Don't make me go and get Armie back from lunch."

Timothée shook his head, sitting down beside her on the bed, snuggling into her. "You worry too much. I want the film to be a surprise. You can come and watch it at the cinema."

"What if I can't? I'm not getting any better. They're running out of options. I had the smallest home leave ever and now I'm back here again. You'd think after everything it would be gone." Rosa sighed. "I just want to see you be happy and succeed. Even whilst I'm stuck here like some potato."

"I am happy. I'm happy because you're here, alive. And I'm with you." Timothée laced his fingers between hers as she smiled down at their hands. "Trust me, this is the happiest I've been all week. I'm here and you're happy. At least I hope you are."

"I am now you're here." Rosa whispered, leaning down and resting her forehead on his.

"Is the no touching rule gone now?" Timothée joked, his minty breath blowing in her face.

Rosa nodded as the two connected their lips together again, engaging in some 'best friend' kissing. Each one enjoyed it and neither wanted to let go, each wanting it to last forever.

"Hey guys the cafeteria is actually-" A clatter went throughout the room, bouncing off the walls. "-I just dropped my cutlery for God's sake." Armie bent down and picked up his runaway knife and fork before looking back up. Timothée was sat with his arm on the bed rail behind Rosa as Rosa was lent back on the pillow.

"Here. Try this." He smiled, handing Rosa a plate full of spaghetti bolognese. She stuck her fork into the food, slurping up the noodles. She smiled, eating a little more.

"It's actually delicious." She commented. Both were feeling a little awkward. Timothée and Rosa has just been making out before Armie happened to stroll in. They were surprised he didn't see. "I'm actually having a day off on Friday. They're letting me leave for a few hours if anyone wants to do something?"

Timothée quickly nodded. "I can take you to the park if you'd like?" Rosa smiled, nodding.

"I'll bring Elizabeth and the kids, meet you guys there?" Armie suggested, shrugging. Rosa nodded as well. She'd missed the kids and felt like she wanted to see them. "I'll text her now, make sure she's not busy." He left the room, leaving Rosa and Timothée once again.

"We can't kiss. What if he walks in again?" Timothée sighed as Rosa was eyeing up his lips. She shrugged.

"Who cares if he walks in?" Rosa whispered.

"We'd have to explain to him what this is. And not even I know what this is. Neither do you."

His fingers stroked her cheek, coming down to her lips as he ran the tip over the tip lip before dragging it down to the bottom. She quickly lent up, pecking him in the lips before settling back down into the hospital bed.

"Tease." He mumbled as Armie walked back in.

"She's all for it. So Friday?" He smiled, happy that one of his best friends was allowed to come out for the day. Even if she had to be in a wheelchair.

The pair nodded as Rosa repeated in a soft voice: "Friday."