81

Rosa

My heart thumped rapidly as I took my seat upon the seats set out. I noticed Catherine, the same worried face slapped upon it, her eyes drifting to me, a small smile appearing on her face. I sent one back, unsure of what was about to occur.

My eyes scanned the crowd. I wasn't looking, but I was. I didn't want to spot him, but I did. It was a game I was playing in my head, the only way I was going to ever win was if I saw him.

Front row. Holding the program in his fingers. His curls cut back into what they looked like when I first met him. His face hard. Beside him, Bella. The girl who had a hand rested upon his knee. He wouldn't see me. But I would see him.

Tom came and sat beside me, smiling. He put an arm across the back of the chair, his fingertips dancing across the top of my arm. My heart sank as I looked over again. If I couldn't see him then I could deceive myself and say it was him. But I could see the hair that I loved to run my fingers through.

"You okay?" Tom mumbled, glancing down at his phone. I nodded, turning my attention to the altar. I had more things to worry about. I had no idea what Armie was going to say. And that scared me.

The music began and everyone stood up. My eyes caught his before he quickly glanced away. I understood. I looked like I normally did before the treatment. My wig and my eyebrows accompanied by the fake lashes made it seem like I hadn't gone through anything at all.

But he knew I had. He knew he left me. And he knew I was sick.

Elizabeth appeared in the doorway. She looked beautiful. Her white dress trailed on the floor and her veil reached the same length, attached to a tiara that was stuck into her bun. She had natural makeup and a little pink bouquet that she clutched. Harper and Ford came out, beaming at everyone.

She walked down the isle, Harper throwing flowers and Ford stumbling behind her. I glanced at Armie. He looked terrified.

As she reached the altar Armie began shaking his head. I felt panic rise within me. His eyes caught mine and he shook his head. I nodded, urging him on but he shook his head again, standing away from Elizabeth.

I stepped out into the isle, Armie quickly running to me. Everyone gasped as he grabbed my arm, taking me out of the room. I turned back whilst this was happening, giving everyone an awkward smile.

When he got me into the dressing room, I slammed the door, turning to him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I questioned. He breathed out, grabbing my arms.

"I can't marry her. Okay? I love Catherine." He sat down. "Watching you go through everything made me realise that life is far too short to be with someone you don't love. You should have them, especially if they're available."

I paused for a moment. "Is this about me and Tom?"

"Maybe. If you're making it about you and Tom then probably." Armie sighed. "I just think that you shouldn't be with someone that you know you don't want to be with. To put it bluntly, you're going to die in a few months. You don't want to waste those days with someone you don't love."

"And rather spend them with a traitor who left me whilst I was going through chemo?" I scoffed. "No thank you. At least Tom supports me."

"But does that truly matter?"

"Yes! Of course it does." I through my arms up in the air. "He loves me and supports me."

"But Timmy loved you. He just didn't support you." Armie nodded. "Okay. I get it. But, you love Timmy don't you?"

"I would never do that to anyone. Especially not Tom." I shook my head at the thought.

Armie stood up, standing in front of me.

"But I didn't ask you if you'd go back to him. I asked you if you loved him."

"And I said I wouldn't do that-"

"That's not answering the question Rosa. That's avoiding it."

I sighed, folding my arms across my chest. "Do you really want to know?"

Armie nodded.

I gulped. My eyes tearing up before looking directly into Armies.

"No." I lied.

He nodded, opening up the door. "Okay." He pushed me out, pulling me back to the wedding. He nodded towards the priest, basically shoving me back to my seat, walking up to Elizabeth and smiling.

I understood what he was doing. And I had to stop him. And I knew only one way how.

"STOP!"