8 - Wish Upon A Star

Wish Upon A Star

<Josh PoV>

"Josh, let's talk"  says Woody a little too seriously. What does this guy want from me now?

"What?" I say as soon as we were out of earshot from the girls. I take a quick glance at Jennifer and I see that she has a curious look on her face.

"Do you like her?" asks Woody then I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Is it really that obvious?" I ask

"Yes, it really is." he says, mimicking my tone. "But I have an advice for you kid."

"What?"

"Don't confess that you like her, it'll just ruin everything."

"Why?"

"She doesn't like you, it's obvious don't you see?" he says, then it hit me. She'll never feel the same way for me. She'll never be able to love me back.. "Go find some other girl that likes you."

Woody pats my back then we walk back to them like nothing happened. Jen looks at me with a smile, and I look into her eyes.. That's when I knew I was a goner.

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

I see Jen's room filled with light and then her silhouette just standing there.

I wonder why she's crying.

And why she didn't tell me or run to me...

Is it because of Claudia?

No, it can't be.

"What's wrong?" asks Claudia from behind me, then she places her hand on my shoulders.

"Nothing." I say, then she stands beside me.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" she says, the exact same thing I told Jennifer..

"Then tell me." she holds my chin, forcing me to look at her eyes.

"I can't." 

"Then maybe this will help." she says, then she slowly places her lips on mine. 

But something's wrong..

All I can think of is Jen.

I push her and she gives me a confused look. I go inside of my room and try to get her ot of my mind. But I just can't.

I see the picture of us on that  plane which I got framed, sitting on my bedsie table. It took Claudia a lot of convincing to let that picture stay there. She said that it was too sweet.

I want to be with Jen, not Claudia..

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

<Jen PoV>

I look across my house, and see Josh, his mind obviously wandering to a far away land. I smile at this sight, but that was quickly replaced with a frown when I see Claudia.

I see them talk for a while and then, in a moment, they are already kissing.

I feel tears forming on m eys and I quickly wipe them away. I just go back to my room and I lay there, punching my bed and screaming.

I hear footsteps approaching my room, then Jena appears at the door.

"What's wrong?!" she asks, obviously panicking, then she sits beside me.

"Everything."

"What?"

"Josh and Claudia."

"Why?"